theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 21-05-10, 06:19 PM   #1
alex180

alex180 is on a distinguished road
Cam belt, service and mot

As above im well chuffed!! my mk2 180 flu through the mot last week woo hoo! Then it was down to staddons mg in budleigh salterton for the service and cam belt to be done, i got all the bits for them as i was sure i could get it cheaper spark plugs oil filter water pump cam belt kit and auxilary belt all for £200. Just picked it up again today the price for the labour and oil wasnt cheap £550 but the guys at mg where real nice and did a top top job and looked after her well so was more than happy plus the car still retains a full service history from the same dealer, they even washed and hovered it out for me.
Sorry ive kept on but am just so pleased shes back and sounding awsome that i needed to tell people
alex180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-10, 06:47 PM   #2
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Glad you are pleased with the service you recieved, have to put them in the trusted garages bit.

Nice to hear some good news about garages and service levels.

Old 22-05-10, 11:00 AM   #3
Jem

Jem is on a distinguished road
Yea staddons are good,One of my past cars came from there,Budleigh seems to have some nice zeds going around but TBH i dont think i would buy one from there as Budleigh is mainly full of old people who seem to have some nice cars but they dont seem to know who to drive and look after them.

This was the advice from staddons in exmouth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me View Post
How can I be so thirsty in the morning, when I drank so much last night?:
Jem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-10, 06:06 PM   #4
alex180

Well was on cloud 9 yesterday after getting my car back from the garage today however is not so good!!! I was travelling home to tiverton on the m5 just outside of Exeter at around 70 to 75mph when the car came to a clattering hault on the hard shoulder I open the bonnet to find a rubbery smelling smoke coming from the cambelt side of the engine i turned it over for a beef second but was very slugish, so called the rac they suspect it has jumped a tooth so to say I'm alittle gutted wood b a massive under statment!!!!!!
Old 22-05-10, 06:12 PM   #5
KevG
2007 Focus ST2

KevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex180 View Post
...I open the bonnet to find a rubbery smelling smoke coming from the cambelt side of the engine....
What side of the engine?, as they are 3 cambelts, the main belt on the drivers side and the 2 auxiliary belts (front and rear) on the passenger side of the engine.

KevG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-10, 06:40 PM   #6
alex180

It was coming up out of the drivers side bud so mush so I thought the car was on fire
Old 22-05-10, 07:09 PM   #7
roverdave81

roverdave81 is on a distinguished road
cam belt / service

sound to me that (staddons mg) will be have to pay up for a recon engine as they have only just fitted new belts hope you can get thing sorted with them and they dont try to mug you off let us know how you get on mate
roverdave81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-10, 07:17 PM   #8
alex180

Oh yes! they sure will mate and the £150 recovery charge, will keep you all posted on wot happens
Old 22-05-10, 07:59 PM   #9
Jem

Jem is on a distinguished road
I would be very surprized if it was crappy workmanship,As they have been MG/R dealers for years and ive never heared a bad word about them,My old man knows the parts manager and one of their head mechanics,Also the guy who does my car use to work for them and he has allways said they were great to work for without any problems mechanic wise.

Keep us posted will be interesting to know whats going on,Im sure if it is their problem they will right themselves they do go out of the way and help you as much as they can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me View Post
How can I be so thirsty in the morning, when I drank so much last night?:

Last edited by Jem; 22-05-10 at 08:03 PM.
Jem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-10, 09:41 PM   #10
MG6Turbo
Banned

MG6Turbo is on a distinguished road
The problem you are going to have now is the fact you supplied your own parts !

I will not fit customer supplied parts on a job like this for this very reason.

I would suspect either the tensioner or idler has failed, causing the issue.

If it is a part you have supplied that has failed, then YOU will have to pay for the labour again and claim it back from the manufacturer of where you have bought the parts from. If it is off ebay, then good luck !

We did a clutch on a zt for a customer, and he bought this performance clutch off ebay. we fitted it even though i advised the customer against it, and the car didnt even make 200 miles before this super dooper clutch failed. So another lot of labour, plus the price of an oe clutch and he only got the cost of the previously purchased clutch, and no payment for labour to replace the broken item.

Car will probably get written off if it needs a new engine if the garage take responsibility.

George

Last edited by MG6Turbo; 22-05-10 at 10:16 PM.
MG6Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote