theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 07-02-12, 07:26 AM   #21
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
didnt contact police, had my previous car keyed and the police didnt wanna know, so didnt see the point in contacting them. wish I still lived in the country, wouldnt have to worry about as many drunken yobs. Part of me wishes I did catch them, cos they definitly wouldnt be doing it again.
They might have been caught doing something further up the road or been on cctv in the vicinity. In any case the police need to plot what is going on and when. If no-one tells them what's happening - they will never put cops where they are needed and give out inaccurate figures of what's going on in the area.

They could have got forensics off the car.

You need to report it.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-12, 08:21 AM   #22
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
They might have been caught doing something further up the road or been on cctv in the vicinity. In any case the police need to plot what is going on and when. If no-one tells them what's happening - they will never put cops where they are needed and give out inaccurate figures of what's going on in the area.

They could have got forensics off the car.

You need to report it.
Muhahahahahahahaha - Sorry Dan, but forensics off the car? thats so funny!

My friend parked his car in a public carpark, which is overlooked by the biggest police station in portsmouth. When he came back his car had smashed window and the radio was stolen.

He walked from his car to the police station (litterally 5 steps or so) and pressed the buzzer on the door... now bearing in mind he could see some policemen sitting the other side of the door laughing and eating doughnuts (no word of a lie) he got the office in winchester across the buzzer who answered because "everyone in portsmouth station is busy" he explained the situation and 15 minutes later one of the guys he could see through the door got up and opened the door.

He then proceeded to explain to this officer what had happened... and was told there was nothing they could do and to drive the car home where they would send forensics the next day to look at it.

The next day came and noone turned up.. so he rang the station to be told it was too late now as forensics wouldn't be able to do anything and because of this there was nothing the police could do, other than give him a crime reference number so he could claim on his insurance.

Noone was ever picked up or questioned about this crime to our knowledge.

And the Police wonder why they have such a bad name when they do things like that...

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-12, 10:48 AM   #23
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Tis true Sam, been in a similar situation before and nothing was followed up.

However when something similar happened and I said if I catch them I will deal with them they said you will be done for GBH if you do anything, the scrote would do me and nothing done to him for the offence in the first place!

I would be prepared to get arrested if anyone did anything to me, my family or my property as was the case a couple of weeks ago when things got a little hot between my daughter and her now ex-boyfriend. The Police turned up and I admitted I was going to rip this throat out! When it is a dad and his kids you would do anything to protect them, the Police were actually on my side although legally it was wrong, they would have done the same if in the same situation.
stamford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-12, 11:55 AM   #24
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Should have given me a ring Mick, 3/4 hr drive away, but got a big sledge hammer handle, thats kept by the bed.

Old 07-02-12, 12:20 PM   #25
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
I just use my 16st frame to beat them with!
stamford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-12, 12:25 PM   #26
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
I'll always stand behind you, just in case.

Most are bullies and even a oldie waving a big stick would make them think twice. (thats me, the oldie, by the way)
Old 07-02-12, 12:38 PM   #27
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
Mick, Similar thing happend with the Yellow ZS.. some scrote kicked the door mirror off, in my view thats criminal damage, so we called the police and told them where the kid lived (not a smart kid he lives three doors down the road) and they said there was nothing they could do... So I told them "Fine I'm going out there with one of my swords and will sort them out myself" Then hung up... funny thing was the police arrived within 5 minutes and caught the guy trying to kick another wing mirror off another car down the road... I, of course, didn't even leave the house (Mainly because by the time I had opened the front door the police where there) but I do know that kid was "told off" by his parents that evening, and not verbaly...

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-12, 01:10 PM   #28
peterzs
promoted bloke!

Crazy world we live in when the perps get away with it and if you try to show them their wrong doings you get done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-02-12, 07:24 AM   #29
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZS View Post
Muhahahahahahahaha - Sorry Dan, but forensics off the car? thats so funny!

My friend parked his car in a public carpark, which is overlooked by the biggest police station in portsmouth. When he came back his car had smashed window and the radio was stolen.

He walked from his car to the police station (litterally 5 steps or so) and pressed the buzzer on the door... now bearing in mind he could see some policemen sitting the other side of the door laughing and eating doughnuts (no word of a lie) he got the office in winchester across the buzzer who answered because "everyone in portsmouth station is busy" he explained the situation and 15 minutes later one of the guys he could see through the door got up and opened the door.

He then proceeded to explain to this officer what had happened... and was told there was nothing they could do and to drive the car home where they would send forensics the next day to look at it.

The next day came and noone turned up.. so he rang the station to be told it was too late now as forensics wouldn't be able to do anything and because of this there was nothing the police could do, other than give him a crime reference number so he could claim on his insurance.

Noone was ever picked up or questioned about this crime to our knowledge.

And the Police wonder why they have such a bad name when they do things like that...
Fair enough - sad story and an embarassing one.

Fact is that they could - that's all. The door on the passenger side of my VW Passatt got kicked in 8 yrs ago during a fight in the street. 4 were arrested for it but they all denied doing it. Whilst in custody a trainer mark was lifted form the door and the suspect identified. He was charged with crim damage - crap penalty but at least he was convicted.

I only mention it as it's possible - that's all. In a world where there are so many demands I guess you'd need to get them on a quiet day and to be honest - there ain't many of them any more.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-12, 07:41 AM   #30
fastmike

fastmike is on a distinguished road
Its now Wednesday.......and I,m still waiting for the police......
fastmike is offline   Reply With Quote