theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 12-09-12, 09:24 AM   #101
daytona365

daytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the rough
Get my mot done by local garage, been going for years. Cant see why work charges the full rate. Must lose so may customers. This new stamfords all hands garage is one of the big plus points of this site. Im up for another session
daytona365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-12, 12:52 PM   #102
DuckFeet

DuckFeet is on a distinguished road
I'm sorry I missed this, I would have liked a demo on how to swap a gearbox. If the boss and the little-boss-in-training (3 weeks old!) let me free I can contribute gas soldering iron and soldering skills, EML clearing, puny arms to laugh at, a breaker bar longer than an mx-5 and a v dirty car to practice cleaning on. Any welders in on this thing?

Glad to see you got the kick up the arse you required, how much do you miss the torsen now you have the lightened fly?

Re the women-folk, how big is your kitchen and what are the chances of having a similar knitting*-club or something going on inside? would make a day trip out for those that might nto let us out to play.

*Or whatever women like to do these days. I jest, I'm not really a 1950's throwback but I don't like abaondon the missus and the babycare duties.
DuckFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-12, 01:05 PM   #103
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Probably not a good idea for in-house gatherings as my three Dalmatians would not agree with too many strangers! Not the sort of dog you can ignore or stick in a room and hope to be quiet!
Old 12-09-12, 01:10 PM   #104
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Maybe worth dropping wives off at Gunwharf Quay and picking up later.

Long as you dont leave the credit cards with them!!!
Old 12-09-12, 01:14 PM   #105
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterzs View Post
Maybe worth dropping wives off at Gunwharf Quay and picking up later.

Long as you dont leave the credit cards with them!!!
yea like that'll work! From experience they are not that daft!
Old 12-09-12, 02:25 PM   #106
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Pity I work sundays always up for a hands on working lunch!

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-12, 07:19 PM   #107
stamford
Site Owner

Update, spent some time on the zed today and it is all sorted and ready to unleash the beast on the roads! Took the clutch slave pushrod off today and had a threaded sleeve made up and after measuring the one I took off I wound the new one on and added 6mm to the travel and the bite is where I want it. I'll get this drawn up when back at work and post a picture up for all to use if you want an adjustable clutch.

Had to repair my power vis as that was playing up and now the lights are doing what they should, so back to full power and torque steer!

Also bought a flyeyes kit for the Discovery and fitted them today, will post up tomorrow on this, will look at maybe doing the zed.

So all's good!
Old 15-09-12, 07:32 PM   #108
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Glad the kick worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great that the Beast is back to full power.

Old 15-09-12, 07:35 PM   #109
grimmy
its ginger its phenomenal

grimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud of
Good to here the beast is back to her best and how cool is fly eyes.
Old 16-09-12, 07:57 PM   #110
stamford
Site Owner

Did some more today and fitted another set of door cards, early ones with the top matching trim, thanks Sam Looking good.

Also fitted my new stereo, went for something different and bought this, iphone docking type.

http://www.philips.co.uk/c/car-enter...cmd310_05/prd/

First impressions are very good, neat unit and decent sound too.

Fly eyes are good, was looking at doing the rear light clusters and front indicators, should have enough left over to do them.