theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 13-03-10, 03:47 PM   #1
rozzr

rozzr is on a distinguished road
interior lighting

going to hook up some LEDs in the footwells to the interior lighting system as i love footwell lighting at night, going to hook up red leds to the headlight system so they come on when headlights are on, but want to add yellow leds as well which only come on with the interior light to blend with the red to give amber/orange glow in footwells.

Now obviously I could tap into the light in the roof but seems a lot of wire to run as the leds would be in the footwell, does anyone know where the best place to tap into it would be - where does the power source for the interior light run down to?? or maybe i could just tap into the door wire, the ones which come on when the door is opened - though again not sure where i would tap in.

Also, one other thing I would like is for the lights to fade on and off - like the interior light does when you open/close doors - is there something i could add to my circuit to make this happen automatically when the lights get power rather than just a simple on/off way of operating....

Hope that makes sense!

Rory
MG ZR 120 2003 - sold
MG ZR 105 2002 - sold
MG ZS 120 2004 - sold
Ford Focus ST 2007 - CURRENT!
rozzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-10, 04:01 PM   #2
Ritchy
technically an expertish

Ritchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to all
if you find the colour of wire going to the interior light then you should be able to trace it to under the dashboard, then the colour of wire for the sidelights also n tap off that, possible better with 3 led's, 2 reds and a uyellow will be less complicated to wire up for yourself
Old 13-03-10, 09:23 PM   #3
andys1981

andys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the rough
trace the wires where the pin switch goes,this is the switch which closes/opens when your door is open/shut,tap into the wires and the leds should come on when you open door,and delay when when you shut the door
andys1981 is offline   Reply With Quote