theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 07-07-12, 12:48 PM   #1
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Pile up prevents me having dinner.

The better half got home yesterday and decided she wanted to go to town for dinner, unfortunately we ended up skipping dinner altogether.

We were driving to town and stopped at traffic lights,2 lanes in both directions, when I here her scream 'oh my god' whilst looking in the rear view mirror. I go to turn round to see whats going on, when I hear a screech to tyres and then we are hit from behind. Initially I though we had been hit from the passenger side but turns out it was on the passenger side of the rear bumper.

I had no idea what had happened, got out to find an Audi A3 facing the opposite way up the road with broken windows, bits of trim sticking out its rear tyre, which was bend outwards and dents on all sides. A VW polo further up the road with the bumper radiator and headlights torn off, pi$$ing coolant all over the road.

After speaking to a witness it turns out she had flashed the polo who was wanting to turn right. Whilst crossing the two lanes the driver had collided with an Audi A3 that must have been flying up the inside lane. The Audi then swerved up the pavement hit a wall and skidded across the road and in to the back of us. Tried to take some photos at the scene to make sure we have records of it.

Put together a diagram whilst its fresh in the mind for the insurance company should they require it. Written off a few cars in my time but never had to tell the insurance company so not sure how it all goes.

Had police, paramedic and the fire brigade at the scene so everything in on record.

Suffering from some neck, shoulder and back pain. Think where I went to turn around as the Audi hit us I was at a strange angle. Managed to catch my eye on something so got some bruising around my eye. The gf has similar neck and back pain but on the whole we are both ok, could have been alot worse.

The car is in abit of a mess, was picked up and taken off to be assessed yesterday. Its the crease in the boot floor that makes me think they will probably right it off.

Got to say Admiral have been brilliant so far, she had a 61 plate Corsa dropped out at 8:30 this morning as a courtesy car, which she is very happy with.

The only thing I'm worried about is the Driver of the Audi wasn't the owner so hope he was covered. Although having spoken to Admiral they were under the impression it would come out of the Polos insurance.

Anyway never did get to eat anything.

2012 BMW 320d Sport

Last edited by Jay-ZS+; 07-07-12 at 12:54 PM.
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-12, 12:57 PM   #2
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
Could have been worse and at least your both ok

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-12, 12:57 PM   #3
Smokey
The Alan Gow of OBTCC

Smokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to behold
Thats shocking! Glad you are ok and hope you've eaten now!

Looks like its the Polo's fault to me, regardless of it being flashed to go. They have the responsibility for looking

Hope it goes well and looks like insurance have it covered.

2009 Forza 2 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC 2nd Place Runner-up
2009/2010 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Clio Cup 4th Place
2010 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/F500 Cup 2nd Place Runner-up
2011 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Driver's Championship 3rd Place
2012 Forza 4 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Driver's Championship 1st Place Winner
2012/2013 Forza 4 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/DTM Championship 3rd Place
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-12, 12:59 PM   #4
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Sorry to hear, might find that shock and pain come out a bit later.

Glad you both are OK, thats the main thing. just shows you never know whats going to happen.

Hope it all sorts its self out and you arnt out of pocket.
Old 07-07-12, 01:00 PM   #5
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
Thats shocking! Glad you are ok and hope you've eaten now!
A fair amount of damage for a 30mph zone hey!

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Old 07-07-12, 01:12 PM   #6
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
Nasty, glad your both ok, considering the Audi had hit the Polo, and scuffed the wall before hitting you I'm thinking he was doing more than 30.

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-12, 01:20 PM   #7
Nobrainer

Nobrainer has a spectacular aura aboutNobrainer has a spectacular aura about
Bummer. I think you claim off the audi, who claims off the polo, iirc.
Nobrainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-12, 01:21 PM   #8
James Raby

James Raby will become famous soon enough
more than 30 for the Audi, I think that's a given really

I know it may not be a direct fault of the Audi, but seems there was traffic so why speed?

My villiage is 30 and hardly anything about, and VERY open, no point in trying to get home 5 seconds quicker......
Old 07-07-12, 01:22 PM   #9
grimmy
its ginger its phenomenal

grimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud of
That sucks mate hope you guys are okay.looks quite a nasty shunt for it being" low speed"
Old 07-07-12, 02:34 PM   #10
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Cheers guys, just hope it all goes smoothly with the insurance.

2012 BMW 320d Sport