theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 26-07-12, 01:44 PM   #1
littlened

littlened is on a distinguished road
Waiting 7 weeks for a replacement engine.

Hi All,

I bought a KV6 engine from someone back in May. I found the guy on eBay but didn't go through eBay to buy the engine. I paid via Paypal though.

I got the engine and fitted it to the car. It had an oil leak so I replaced the crankshaft oil seal.

Anyway, water is mixing fairly heavily with the oil. I've only had the car on the drive running for the odd 5 minutes. I've flushed the engine and refilled with fresh oil, but it still comes out a creamy colour.

I was given a 120 day warranty with the engine so I contacted the seller who agreed to send a replacement engine so I could take out the old one and fit the new one in the same, and then ship the old engine back to him.

The problem is I've been waiting 7 weeks for the replacement engine to arrive. I chase it up about once a week, and usually get told it'll be out the following week, but it usually isn't.

I'm stuck now, I don't know where to go from here. I obviously need the new engine, and I think I've been patient enough waiting this long.

I don't want to jump to conclusion and say I'm getting my pants pulled down, because the delays could be genuine. I just want to know how I should proceed from here.

Can anyone provide any advice?
Old 26-07-12, 01:50 PM   #2
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Firstly welcome.

Can you not raise a dispute via paypal? I thought you could. Next step would be trading standards, assuming it is a trader? Not sure where to go with this if not a trader. If that were me I would paying them a visit and taking some back-up.
Old 26-07-12, 01:55 PM   #3
littlened

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
Firstly welcome.

Can you not raise a dispute via paypal? I thought you could. Next step would be trading standards, assuming it is a trader? Not sure where to go with this if not a trader. If that were me I would paying them a visit and taking some back-up.
I believe you can only raise a dispute within 45 days, and we're past that. I think i'm up to about day 86 now.

I looked on eBay to see if the seller was selling anything else, and he doesn't have any active account any longer.

Well, he seems to be a trader, it's a limited company, so maybe you're right, I could try Trading Standards.

I was going to try and diagnose the engine myself, I'm expect head gasket (although rare on the KV6), but I didn't want to invalidate the warranty, especially if it turned out to be something more serious.

It's not the first issue I had with the seller. I originally bought an engine from him, and after a month of not receiving it (it was damaged in transit) I got a refund.

Last edited by littlened; 26-07-12 at 01:57 PM.
Old 26-07-12, 01:57 PM   #4
vanishing days

vanishing days will become famous soon enough
what's the company name?
Old 26-07-12, 01:59 PM   #5
littlened

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanishing days View Post
what's the company name?
MG Rover Motorsport UK

I contacted the seller last week and advised him that I need the engine this week or I'd need to take it further.
Old 26-07-12, 02:00 PM   #6
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
Ned...

If it helps at all I have a 180 I am breaking, the KV6 engine is pretty much all there still (needs the manifold screwing back down and a cam \ crank sensor installed) 85k miles and was in perfect condition when I parked the car up

I can do you a good deal on the engine if your interested?

Personally I would be asking for my money back from the trader and looking elsewhere for a new engine

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
Old 26-07-12, 02:01 PM   #7
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlened View Post
MG Rover Motorsport UK

I contacted the seller last week and advised him that I need the engine this week or I'd need to take it further.
Isn't that George?

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
Old 26-07-12, 02:04 PM   #8
littlened

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZS View Post
Isn't that George?
The guys called George, other than that I don't know who it is, I just found him on eBay selling an engine.
Old 26-07-12, 02:05 PM   #9
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Oh dear I think it is.................this is getting too much.
Old 26-07-12, 02:07 PM   #10
littlened

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
Oh dear I think it is.................this is getting too much.
To much, am I missing something?
Closed Thread