theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > The Market Place > Cars For Sale

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-13, 02:15 PM   #11
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
I think I will drive the zed into work this week and see if I feel the same way, feeling somewhat torn as I know what I want for it but this will not be met with nodding heads! Brutal truth is, it is worth more in bits and that I can't bring myself to do.
Old 03-09-13, 03:26 PM   #12
sneekyparrot

sneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the rough
I can see the temptation with a low milage, well looked after if not almost mint mk2 but and it's a big but!!!

Comparing the spec the mk2 is going to be a major let down in performance and handling compared to your mk1 mick?

P.
Old 03-09-13, 03:30 PM   #13
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneekyparrot View Post
I can see the temptation with a low milage, well looked after if not almost mint mk2 but and it's a big but!!!

Comparing the spec the mk2 is going to be a major let down in performance and handling compared to your mk1 mick?

P.
I know, I know!

A valid point and one I was trying to ignore hence why I was going to drive mine a bit more. If this BTCC kit was going to happen then it may tempt me to stay!

Even the missus hinted that will this stay standard................ she knows me only too well!

Maybe I need to drive a standard 180 again, for the life of me I can't remember what it is like!
Old 03-09-13, 03:39 PM   #14
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

Supercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really nice
You will get into the mk2 and be disappointed. Afraid to say. Taphouse did it when he sold the red one and got into the black one. Instantly turned of because to make it what he wanted i.e the one he just sold meant shelling out a fortune again.
Old 03-09-13, 05:39 PM   #15
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
That's where smokies idea works - it is taking me a while to swap bits to my mk2 but I'm really starting to like it.

However Mick, you need to consider why you have a ZS at all, is it a daily driver or now more of a hobby car?

Have you considered shifting your other car or is that not an option now because of the dogs, caravan, trips to the tip etc?

And to answer the original question - in this category a standard car will be worth more than a modified one and the modified one will be worth more as parts.

Good luck with what ever you decide - I waited for the mk2 to come along that I was willing to afford, I missed several but am happy with mine, I think the point I'm making here is don't loose too much sleep if someone else gets Chris's car.
Old 03-09-13, 05:54 PM   #16
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

Supercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingcars View Post
That's where smokies idea works - it is taking me a while to swap bits to my mk2 but I'm really starting to like it.

However Mick, you need to consider why you have a ZS at all, is it a daily driver or now more of a hobby car?

Have you considered shifting your other car or is that not an option now because of the dogs, caravan, trips to the tip etc?

And to answer the original question - in this category a standard car will be worth more than a modified one and the modified one will be worth more as parts.

Good luck with what ever you decide - I waited for the mk2 to come along that I was willing to afford, I missed several but am happy with mine, I think the point I'm making here is don't loose too much sleep if someone else gets Chris's car.
If you take the good bits of the mk1 then there is no real value left so becomes expensive then.
Old 03-09-13, 06:32 PM   #17
stamford
Site Owner

It's already spoken for so not going any further with selling mine.