theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 25-05-14, 12:14 PM   #91
tallgeese

tallgeese is on a distinguished road
With regards to the water in the pass side foot well after sealing the vent under the scuttle panel where else could water enter through? I don't use the air con so im guessing that's not anything to do with the entry point and under the fan is now dry but the under side of the carpets is still wet as is the lower part of the black lining on the fire wall.

On the plus side the only point of water entry im my boot is now from somewhere above the inner wheel arch which i cant get at to seal.
Old 25-05-14, 12:36 PM   #92
MG ZS STE
Site Supporter

MG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really nice
I was getting a lot of water in the NS footwell, thought it might be the sunroof. Had the windscreen replaced last week as my old one had more than 3 chips so they wouldn't repair it. Whilst it was off I inspected the heater vent lip under the scuttle panel and also checked the drains were clear, no problems there. Put a bead of sealant around the lip even though looked solid (not like my old one). Since then no water so I'm wondering if it was the screen?
Old 25-05-14, 01:35 PM   #93
tallgeese

My scree looks all dry its strange its only the lower parts of the footwell, the carpet was saturated so im drying that but its the what i assume is sound proofing that has me puzzled as its only wet at the lowest point and there is no sign of water entry......
Old 25-05-14, 02:47 PM   #94
MG ZS STE
Site Supporter

MG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really nice
The seal at the bottom of the door (actually attached to the door) let's in a lot of driving rain if it's come loose or is improperly fitted, if that helps. Mine had come off 3 of the clips, you could hear the road noise more because of it. That soaked the carpet on the passenger side and creeped up the sound deadening on the bulkhead. Oh how these cars test us
Old 25-05-14, 02:50 PM   #95
tallgeese

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG ZS STE View Post
The seal at the bottom of the door (actually attached to the door) let's in a lot of driving rain if it's come loose or is improperly fitted, if that helps. Mine had come off 3 of the clips, you could hear the road noise more because of it. That soaked the carpet on the passenger side and creeped up the sound deadening on the bulkhead. Oh how these cars test us
Cheers I shall take a look at that next 😁
Old 26-05-14, 09:51 AM   #96
tallgeese

UPDATE TIME

List of issues i have found so far:

01: The boot is sagging and seems to be missing a few clips - Nearly sorted just need to replace two missing metal clips off the brackets

02: The rear bumper is loose on the drivers side- Been told this is a common thing due to a previous owner removing the bumper and breaking a flimsy bracket that is unimportant

03: The spare wheel well is full of rust and has been painted with what looks like under seal - Cleaned up as much rust as i could and painted to prevent further rusting, but need to get a hole welded up but its only small so thats ok

04: The rear door handles are both the wrong colour for the car - Same need to find two royal blue handles or get these repainted.

05: There is something rattling on the drivers door but not sure what it is - Someone left a washer in the door!

06: Part of the front bumper is being held on by a cable tie but cant see very well what part - Not looked at this any further yet

07: The center console does not seem to be fit right - Will be sorted when i paint it

08: The clock and dash lights in general are all very dim - Bulbs need changing and clock is on its way out and doesn't light up.

09: Exhaust pipe is too short for the car it's about 4inches too short - Pipe extended to its proper length

10: Metal hub that the fuel pumps go into is rusted to smeg - Replaced with a less rotten one (£35 for part and fitting)

IM GETTING THERE!

Last edited by tallgeese; 26-05-14 at 12:47 PM.
tallgeese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-14, 10:31 AM   #97
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

getting there.

Old 07-06-14, 05:20 PM   #98
tallgeese

Has anyone found water in the rear passengers foot well? if so where does it enter through as i have found mine is soaked and that's where the front foot well is filling from
Old 07-06-14, 05:44 PM   #99
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Check the sunroof drains (if you have a sunroof) and the damp proof membrains behind the door cards.
Old 07-06-14, 05:52 PM   #100
tallgeese

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingcars View Post
Check the sunroof drains (if you have a sunroof) and the damp proof membrains behind the door cards.
No sunroof and i have poured buckets of water over the door and it seems to be ok strange its only the passenger side.