Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeus101 View Post
Been following this thread over on XPF cracking work mate
Thanks mate getting there slowly
JOHNDQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-15, 10:43 AM   #12
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
How I miss working on small engines! My KV6 takes up too much room and is a pita to rotate on the stand! One day I'll get stuck in. Looking good so far.
Old 15-11-15, 11:17 AM   #13
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

Supercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really nice
looks good, amazes me nowadays the money people spend on such old motors but all good fun.
Supercharged_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-15, 12:50 PM   #14
JOHNDQ

JOHNDQ is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
How I miss working on small engines! My KV6 takes up too much room and is a pita to rotate on the stand! One day I'll get stuck in. Looking good so far.
I know thats why I stuck with the K in the ZS really because its easy to work on and I have loads of spare parts
Old 15-11-15, 12:53 PM   #15
JOHNDQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged_Z View Post
looks good, amazes me nowadays the money people spend on such old motors but all good fun.
Yeah spent to much on it now tho so gotta keep going as wont get half of it back and I enjoy getting out on track so I get what I want out of it at end of day.
Old 15-11-15, 03:51 PM   #16
Mark S

Mark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNDQ View Post
Yeah spent to much on it now tho so gotta keep going as wont get half of it back and I enjoy getting out on track so I get what I want out of it at end of day.
I saw a zs at mallory destroy an m6 and m3 new shape bmw's, now there must have been nearly a 1000hp combined there, and less than 200hp in a well sorted zs destroyed them, the red faced M3 driver hated it, the M6 driver loved it so much he asked to go passenger in it!!!

Track toys aren't cheap, but I'm totally with you in what they give you back in fun, and its always nice to be the 'underdog'!
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-15, 08:58 PM   #17
JOHNDQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S View Post
I saw a zs at mallory destroy an m6 and m3 new shape bmw's, now there must have been nearly a 1000hp combined there, and less than 200hp in a well sorted zs destroyed them, the red faced M3 driver hated it, the M6 driver loved it so much he asked to go passenger in it!!!

Track toys aren't cheap, but I'm totally with you in what they give you back in fun, and its always nice to be the 'underdog'!
Yeah that's very true its defo not cheap to be honest I could have done the Evo for more less same price but I wouldn't have been able to compete low level with that and to be honest its just as much fun with the ZR anyway plus good to have something a bit different thing I've only ever been on track with with one MG. Was thinking of going with Mg's on track just to see a few
Old 16-11-15, 08:22 AM   #18
Deckz

Deckz is on a distinguished road
Brilliant project!
Deckz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-15, 08:57 AM   #19
fastmike

fastmike is on a distinguished road
Great project , look forward to reading/seeing more of this
Old 16-11-15, 04:26 PM   #20
sneekyparrot

sneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up

For me its not just the monies spent but also the build. To take something back to the chassis then mod and build how you want it, to know every nut and bolt thats gone into it.
And well that moment it fires up for the first time well: