theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 21-09-12, 10:53 AM   #31
Craig-ZS180

Craig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the rough
If i can manage to get mine done whenever this happens I would be pleased with it hitting close to the 200 area tbh. Either way just knowing the car was performing better than it has before would be enough to please me
Old 21-09-12, 11:31 AM   #32
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
as a past regular customer i can recommend matt's work ( i had 'tweaks' so frequently in the first few years i got a tweak price rather than paying full price each time - I guess he is moving the dyno to the ramp location opposite the door so that he dont have to worry about the fumes as much lol. i think the wall after one of my runs still bears the 'matt was 'ere' written in soot

Would love to pop down for the day - but prob going to be too busy for the next few months and still waiting on the magic box of trick in order to get full throttle usage back...

hope you all get what you are after
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-12, 02:25 PM   #33
WalkerDnB

WalkerDnB has a spectacular aura aboutWalkerDnB has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
Not wanting to open a can of worms here we are not talking big figures as already mentioned but improving the standard map which is poor when analysed. I was happy with the changes so for me was worth the money when compared with what gains manifolds can give considering their costs.

From a rough average standard of 177 mine rose to around 191 with decat, cat back exhaust and a BMC CDA induction, when remapped this rose by another 9-10 so in my book not too bad. However as said the top end is where the changes were seen as the AFR was poor on the standard map.

Bottom line is the figures are for pub talk.
Coolio I was just wondering as my car already has a Superchips remap (was like it when I brought the car) and wondered what sort of increase you get.

WalkerDnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-12, 02:54 PM   #34
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkerDnB View Post
Coolio I was just wondering as my car already has a Superchips remap (was like it when I brought the car) and wondered what sort of increase you get.
Superchips are only valid for standard cars as it is a generic map. A remap is where the map is interrogated and adjusted to suit the mods already done. The superchip does not know what mods you have had fitted, therefore it is mapped against what?

Matt uses my base map as the way in and checks this with what has been done and adjusts it accordingly. No two cars are ever the same so there will be differences. Some are good some are not so.
Old 21-09-12, 04:58 PM   #35
WalkerDnB

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
Superchips are only valid for standard cars as it is a generic map. A remap is where the map is interrogated and adjusted to suit the mods already done. The superchip does not know what mods you have had fitted, therefore it is mapped against what?

Matt uses my base map as the way in and checks this with what has been done and adjusts it accordingly. No two cars are ever the same so there will be differences. Some are good some are not so.
Its mapped against a standard zs180.
Its still better than a standard map because as you said the standard map isn't all that good. A custom remap would be better and thats where my money would of been spent but as I said its had been done when I brought the car and im not going to spend another £150+ to gain 4-5bhp

Superchips claim there's a 12bhp increase on the zs180 but I think we all know thats utter poo they claim there's a 8bhp increase on the st170 (bluefin)
but youll only get 5bhp if your lucky.

Old 21-09-12, 05:03 PM   #36
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkerDnB View Post
Its mapped against a standard zs180.
Its still better than a standard map because as you said the standard map isn't all that good. A custom remap would be better and thats where my money would of been spent but as I said its had been done when I brought the car and im not going to spend another £150+ to gain 4-5bhp

Superchips claim there's a 12bhp increase on the zs180 but I think we all know thats utter poo they claim there's a 8bhp increase on the st170 (bluefin)
but youll only get 5bhp if your lucky.
Mine had a superchip map fitted before I owned it, and apparently the car actually dropped in power so it was removed. Had the chip with the map on somewhere but think I threw it out one day.

Need to speak to Matt as not sure if Murray had him map it already

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-12, 05:07 PM   #37
WalkerDnB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-ZS+ View Post
Mine had a superchip map fitted before I owned it, and apparently the car actually dropped in power so it was removed. Had the chip with the map on somewhere but think I threw it out one day.

Need to speak to Matt as not sure if Murray had him map it already
It pulls very well had a few ex zs owners drive it and say the same but its hard to tell
might have to take it to hitech and get it on the rollers

Old 01-10-12, 02:23 PM   #38
DuckFeet

DuckFeet is on a distinguished road
I may have to cancel on my own group buy, plonker! Wayner in Swindon is an agent and will save me about a tankful of fuel going there instead. I'm asking for more details and if a group buy is available there are the interested parties still interested?

When I hear back I'll have to put a list in the first post to decide if/when we have reached the cut-off to all get mapped.
DuckFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-12, 10:36 PM   #39
Captain Slow

Captain Slow is on a distinguished road
I'll be interested but once I've got my Janspeed manifolds & system fitted.
Old 02-10-12, 09:53 AM   #40
DuckFeet

DuckFeet is on a distinguished road
Another update: Wayne may be able to host this in Swindon. Is that any better/worse for those interested? Makes about 4 hours difference in travel time for me!

I'll start a list:
name - car - location preference - Price preference? - mods??
Duckfeet - zs180 - swindon - aiming at 175. - full exhaust, BMC

Obviously price as low as possible, but put a cut off if relevant. How does a weekend in November suit?

Where are you based Captain? You can save a few quid fitting these yourself
DuckFeet is offline   Reply With Quote