theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 15-05-13, 05:18 PM   #1
M17TT180

M17TT180 is a jewel in the roughM17TT180 is a jewel in the roughM17TT180 is a jewel in the roughM17TT180 is a jewel in the rough
Black bonnet

Was up the local just tyres yesterday and was the first time the car was under some strip lighting, noticed that the bonnet and drivers side wing were a slighty different yellow to the rest of the car. Now i'm not fussed about the wing as I have a pair of mint wings in the correct colour ready to go on as mine are both a bit dented here and there.

Now I was thinking I could take the bonnet off the breaker I have and wrap it in vinyl, so what are your thoughts on a black bonnet? Was also thinking of perhaps doing the centre piece of the rear wing to match?

Lots of second- hand parts click HERE
Project Typhoon
M17TT180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-13, 05:31 PM   #2
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Carbon Fibre wrap?
Old 15-05-13, 05:32 PM   #3
M17TT180

M17TT180 is a jewel in the roughM17TT180 is a jewel in the roughM17TT180 is a jewel in the roughM17TT180 is a jewel in the rough
No just gloss black as that's what we have at work.

Project Typhoon
Old 15-05-13, 06:04 PM   #4
Noobrider

Noobrider will become famous soon enough
I think it would look good but better in carbon. I did mine, just £10 per metre of 1520mm wide.

Our website: http://www.maxtedsgarage.co.uk

Friend us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/maxtedandsons.garage
Noobrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-13, 06:18 PM   #5
M17TT180

Yes will have a look, just the gloss black is free that's all.

Project Typhoon
Old 15-05-13, 06:19 PM   #6
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Good if you go with a black yellow theme - ie. Wheels, mirror caps etc - but not just on it as it stands ...

But you know what my taste's like - your gonna be doing my stripes for me after all !!!!

Now there's a thought - get the bonnet in black with yellow stripes then change to black stripes over the rest of the car - contrast - ooooh yeah .... if fact, come to think of it - cover the whole thing black and get rid of all the yellow ....
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-13, 06:46 PM   #7
Mark S

Mark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to all
modern cars look quite good with black roof, bonnet etc, but sometimes older cars look like taxi's (which used to have different colour bonnets and boots) or sometimes like someone's just fitted a new bonnet in black primer and couldn't be bothered to paint it.
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-13, 09:15 PM   #8
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

carbon wrap on a sunspot.

To give you an idea.
Old 15-05-13, 09:33 PM   #9
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
.... if fact, come to think of it - cover the whole thing black and get rid of all the yellow ....
I did it the easy way and just bought a black car
Old 15-05-13, 09:40 PM   #10
chris01

chris01 is on a distinguished road
I think black gloss would look better than carbon... carbon bonnet etc has been done to death now
chris01 is offline   Reply With Quote