theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 10-11-12, 12:41 PM   #1
daytona365

daytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
OMG, you guys are soooo unlucky! My wife (Kat2512) absolutely adored our mk2 110 and loves the mk2 180 even more if possible! She loves the handling, the noise (decat and full powerflow) and the power. She also loves the look and wants one that is 'just hers'! Preferably in yellow

Loves the track car too, shame she only had one run in it this year.

Anyway, my wife is truly awesome!!
YELLOW>>>>>>>>>>>>>> she got good taste..
daytona365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-12, 12:36 AM   #2
Smokey
The Alan Gow of OBTCC

Smokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to behold
And Grimmy, your missus is a legend!

2009 Forza 2 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC 2nd Place Runner-up
2009/2010 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Clio Cup 4th Place
2010 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/F500 Cup 2nd Place Runner-up
2011 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Driver's Championship 3rd Place
2012 Forza 4 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Driver's Championship 1st Place Winner
2012/2013 Forza 4 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/DTM Championship 3rd Place
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-12, 05:39 PM   #3
grimmy
its ginger its phenomenal

grimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
And Grimmy, your missus is a legend!
Your not wrong mate.just yesterday I mentioned I saw a mk2 around cumbernauld with rally mud flaps and I said it looked good.20 minutes later she informs me that she ordered a set lol.I love my missus.
Old 10-11-12, 06:05 PM   #4
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
My missus likes the ZS more since I put the interior and original seats back in However she still says it is a hard ride but not as bad as her MGF! She doesn't drive it, legs too short! She never gives me any grief as she knows it is my escape, my toy and my hobby! She has bought a few things for me for it over the years. She knew she was marrying a petrolhead and even after 27 years of marriage she knows I won't change and she will never change me.

Loving the otherhalves who enjoy it as much as we do!
Old 10-11-12, 04:27 AM   #5
sh4ggyd00

sh4ggyd00 is on a distinguished road
my missus hates my zed, "you can feel every bump in the road" and "its tooo loud" are the usual things i get, so i point out she can jump back into her "semi auto" astra that forgets what gear its in and stalls constantly
sh4ggyd00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-12, 04:57 AM   #6
red robbo

red robbo has a spectacular aura aboutred robbo has a spectacular aura about
My missus can't drive, so it's either the bus, walk or get in the zed with it's Longlife duplex, inner wing induction kit, rock hard suspension, barely any soundproofing etc, etc. So the zed it is!! Then she moans all the way to where we're going, and I can guarantee she'll say "we shouldn't of sold the ZT".
red robbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-12, 08:25 AM   #7
sneekyparrot

sneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up

My first wife was never really into cars / bikes, only went on back once and hated it.
Lain my partner loves speed / track days and trips to the races. She had the charged zs for 2 weeks and bloody loved it. Car was still Chaved in stickers at the time which she was not keen on but in her words it wooshes along on the motorway lol.

She feel asleep in the reyland on way to silverstone (earplugs in!) and can't wait for its first run on the track to which she promises not to scream this time :-))

When the new manifold arrived it was greeted with "that's very nice sweetheart very shiny, but can u finish putting the shed up before u go play"

Luv her to bits!
Old 10-11-12, 06:05 AM   #8
MG mad

MG mad is on a distinguished road
Given my wife has a modified MGF, a ZT-T 260 and an MGBGT she wants me to put a TVR engine in, she only has one complaint about the 180 - that it needs more power. When we took it for a test drive (after a couple of ZT 190s), she said to me, yep, this one feels right.

I can forgive her dislike of cricket given her enthusiasm for motorsport.

"Driving sideways is the Meaning of Life"

1987 MG Metro - 1440cc fast road car
1988 MG Metro Turbo - standard, for now...
1970 MG Midget - 1.9L Scholar + big valve VVC + supercharger + RWD = YEEHAA!
1996 MGF 1.8i - Project Rally Car
1998 MGF Abingdon - Wife's fun car
1972 MGBGT - Project V12 MGB (Wife's money pit)
2005 MG ZT-T 260 - Wife's sensible car
2001 MG ZS 180 - LHD - sold to brother
2003 MG ZS 180 - Hurrah!
1956 MG ZA Magnette - the "wife wants to keep me busy" car
MG mad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-12, 07:54 AM   #9
M17TT180

M17TT180 is a jewel in the roughM17TT180 is a jewel in the roughM17TT180 is a jewel in the roughM17TT180 is a jewel in the rough
My missus brought me over from Ford to MG, before I got the 180 I would moan about her zr120 being too hard and the clutch to stiff. I realised the error of my ways with the 180 tho.
M17TT180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-12, 09:49 AM   #10
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Kat has fantastic taste!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lucky Smokey, soon be a new yellow one sitting on the drive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The wife wont drive the ZS, loves her auto Punto Dynamic.

She does love the ZS and doesnt moan too much, she must have nerves of steel.

When she drives me in the Punto, I sit there braking for her, thinking we wont get through that gap, etc. Even after a "bit of a do", she said she wasnt worried, and knew I wouldnt stuff the ZS into a wall.

Got to love em.