theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 19-02-17, 07:58 PM   #11
mattie007

mattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nice
Quite a weekend for these cars. I have full breakdown cover through Nationwide Flexplus banking. Works out at £3.50 a month, includes all cars, bikes, campervans and homestart. I've used it about 10 times already! Also covers me as a passenger, can't beat it really. I had 5% battery left and my phone call cut out, luckily I gave them the coordinates from my phone, would have been a very long walk home.
Old 20-02-17, 07:40 AM   #12
Lukeus101

Lukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to all
Sounds like a brown trouser moment mate :/ glad you are ok and hopefully a cheap easy fix

ZS Appreciation Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/475756782447499/

> ZR 105 (Broken) > MK2 ZS 180 (Sold) > MK1 ZS 180 (Sold) > ZR Replica (Dead) > MK1 ZS 180 (Broken)
Lukeus101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-17, 10:30 AM   #13
LukeZS96

LukeZS96 is on a distinguished road
I have AA brakedown cover. I've only used it once but it's better to be looking at it than looking for it
LukeZS96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-17, 10:52 AM   #14
Skillen

Skillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeZS96 View Post
I have AA brakedown cover. I've only used it once but it's better to be looking at it than looking for it
My dad has taken great pride in telling me all this lol. I'll definitely get it now lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeus101 View Post
Sounds like a brown trouser moment mate :/ glad you are ok and hopefully a cheap easy fix
Luckily driving the last bit is 20mph and the brakes managed to take it down well into the 10's before popping so not too bad with a bit of handbrake!
Hopefully it is. I'll get the new brakes coated up and then fit them instead and probably sell the others and the brackets.
Skillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-17, 06:47 PM   #15
ian zs180

ian zs180 is on a distinguished road
Could have been a lot worse mate hope you get it sorted ok
ian zs180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-17, 01:37 PM   #16
Deckz

Deckz is on a distinguished road
Drop me a message if selling the 406 setup.
Deckz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-17, 02:13 PM   #17
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
Oh nasty glad that you were able to get the car stopped....

I'd be interested to know what the failure was when it is tracked down - I (Matt) created new calipers as he wasn't convinced the originals were man enough - mine had evidence of having flexed when they were bought second hand....

And on the subject of breakdown, I never used to have it.. now the only thing I don't have is homestart... needed it for the ZS 4 times now, and it's been shipped up to the farm each time... 150 miles away!

Before I had it and my clutch failed, my dad came and towed me to the local garage near them, nearly drove into the back of him when the brakes got a bit hot on a hill and we had to stop suddenly!
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-17, 09:26 AM   #18
tcb 180

tcb 180 will become famous soon enough
Oooops! Nasty! What Master Cylinder is fitted. Has dual circuitry been interfered with?

Should have been left with two working wheels and half a pedal.
tcb 180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-17, 11:41 AM   #19
pb25

pb25 will become famous soon enough
I had a caliper bolt snap on the rear resulting in the piston popping out as I broke for the last roundabout on the A66 just before I joined the M6 North. Didn't know and didn't use my breaks again until I decided to stop at some services a few miles up the M6, was doing 80mph as I started pulling off the motorway and no brakes, pedal to the floor! Used the gears and handbrake to slow myself down. There was defo a code brown declared.

I have AA cover and the guy got the bit of snapped bolt out the caliper, went and picked up some brake pads from ECP, rebuilt the caliper and nipped to a mates garage to get a new caliper bolt.....absolutely spot on. Got a ticket from the services car park for being there more than 2 hours haha but got off when I sent a copy of the AA report.
Old 24-02-17, 11:58 AM   #20
Skillen

Skillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the rough
Got the car back late last night so going to have a look tonight if possible to have a look. Hopefully nothing too bad. Hopefully not the main brake lines and just a flexi or a seal somewhere.

Standard master cylinder and no changes to the rest of the system so not sure why nothing but floor but there was a lot of fluid so I'm guessing I pushed it all out lol.

Fingers crossed for an easy fix to get it back on the road soon.
Skillen is offline   Reply With Quote