theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Galleries > Members Cars

Old 19-04-12, 08:56 PM   #1
celtic_k8

celtic_k8 is on a distinguished road
Olli then and now

I have just been looking through all the pics of Olli and didnt realise how much he's changed since I got him. So here a couple of pics of him on the day I picked him up and a couple of how he looks now.

July 2009;

April 2012;

Comments welcome
Old 19-04-12, 09:07 PM   #2
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Great work, engine install looks better than when it came out of the factory.

peterzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-12, 12:33 AM   #3
andy-81

andy-81 has a spectacular aura aboutandy-81 has a spectacular aura about
its really nice k8, didnt really like the zr much i thought they were a bit chavtastic but i really like yours, it has certainly swayed me a little, the engine looks nice
andy-81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-12, 04:40 AM   #4
Maxxed_Ross
Events Organiser-Scotland

Maxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura aboutMaxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura about
just a little changed then

very nice!

www.facebook.com/EX259

"It's not broken, it's an opportunity to upgrade!"
Maxxed_Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-12, 05:37 AM   #5
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Generally much nicer but I'm not sure about the bonnet and boot lifts, and how can you see where you are going?
Old 20-04-12, 07:30 AM   #6
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Preferred the wheels from the first pic Looks cracking though!
Old 20-04-12, 08:21 AM   #7
Jono-MG

Jono-MG is on a distinguished road
Its a really good game of spot the subtle but well stlyed differences especially at the different angles.

Project complete and time to sit back and enjoy your achievements or you going to take the 5k and start on a 180 charge project?
Old 20-04-12, 08:33 AM   #8
Captain Peanut

Captain Peanut is a jewel in the roughCaptain Peanut is a jewel in the roughCaptain Peanut is a jewel in the rough
Looks great, just shows that subtle and classy is a great combination. I'm another one who hasn't alays been a fan of the ZR but this one I do like (plus it's got the same name as me!!)
Old 20-04-12, 09:45 AM   #9
DuckFeet

DuckFeet is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
Preferred the wheels from the first pic Looks cracking though!
+1 but I had a set myself. BK racing. ET38 offset great for looks and they were fairly light I thought.
Looks so much better lower, and gunmetal wheels ftw.
DuckFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-12, 09:53 AM   #10
Enright

Enright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the rough
3 categories from me: 1) What’s gone well, 2) What I wouldn’t have done, and 3) What I’d do in future:

1) The paintwork now looks far better. The front indicator lenses, MG badges and wind deflectors are improvements too.
I prefer the alloys as well, although I can’t help but think that anthracite while on the move makes any car look as though they’ve lost their hubcaps!
A special mention in this section has to go to the bit many won’t have seen, which is the interior. Nicest I’ve ever seen in a ZR.
2) I’m not a fan of de-badging. Perhaps I would have lost the 160 badge and put a Turbo one there, but I’m not sure. Oh and things that hang from rear towing eyes bug me a bit too. Hardly anything earth-shattering!
3a) I’d recommend ABC or Trophy rear lights because they look like a tasteful optional extra (rather than a nasty bolt-on, like those LED things that you sometimes see around).
3b) Black vinyl on the B pillar to fill the gap between the front and rear windows looks pretty good too, and isn’t hard to do - it just adds continuity from front to rear.
3c) I can’t think of any wheels that look nicer on a ZR than ZS 11 spokes. I put my ZS wheels on my ZR to MoT it just before I sold it.
See the attached pics which show 3a, b & c, although I'm not suggesting for a moment that my old car was anywhere near as nice as yours. Also, it would be worth talking to Freedrider about his bonnet gas struts – they’re a nice touch.

Overall, a lovely ZR, and I’m glad you were parked with us last Saturday rather than the chavvy bunch up the hill!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 06042012801a.jpg (67.2 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 06042012800a.jpg (95.2 KB, 7 views)

Mk2 MG ZS TD 115 with full 180 kit (and 2x Lotus Elan SE Turbos)

Last edited by Enright; 20-04-12 at 09:56 AM.
Enright is offline   Reply With Quote