theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 30-04-10, 12:11 PM   #51
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Be interesting to see what is happening, hope its sorted and not too many ££££'s.

Old 06-05-10, 12:24 PM   #52
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
Some good news - Car might not have HGF at all - been doing soem double checking and my bottom rad hose doesn't get hot.

Suggests either faulty thermostat or waterpump not up to the job - bits broken or not ale to flow enough when under full throttle.

Going to get that investigated first before we do any 'difficult' stuff.

Also getting my mid section replaced with a nice shiney 2.5" stainless wingy section, to complete my whole exhaust.

Also needs to have the rear right caliper checking as i think it is not sliding quite as it should and is binding a bit.

might be a nice quick and easy fix.... or it might still be a PITA
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-10, 12:28 PM   #53
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Let's hope it is the former, about time you had the rub of the green.
Old 17-05-10, 11:32 AM   #54
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
Whoop whoop got some good news this morning - Matt was doing a few road tests with my scanaguage and noticed that it was running a bit hot, and then all of a sudden the temp would drop back down. EG from 96+C down to 88C -the usual up to temperature reading...

and took the termostat out, put in a pan and thermostat is not function as it should. New OE rover one due to be fitted tomorrow when it is collected along with a new waterpump (just on the safe side replacement)

Keeping fingers crossed and tring not to jinx things but the car might for once not have worse case scenario situation

Going to then get a reading for the exhaust manifold pressure if the car holds coolant once more at full throttle high rpms and if it is within sensible levels EG +- a few PSI of boost then all is well and i can drive it how it ought to be driven again
Dieselpowered
AMW Motorsports
Old 17-05-10, 11:35 AM   #55
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Sounds hopeful pete

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-10, 12:32 PM   #56
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Keeping everything crossed for you, sounds good though.

Old 17-05-10, 12:49 PM   #57
p_b82
Site Supporter

we will also see if it dont fix it whether a kv6 cap holds the coolant in, as it is rated higher than all the other caps....
Dieselpowered
AMW Motorsports
Old 31-05-10, 05:15 PM   #58
p_b82
Site Supporter

not so good news i am afraid - looks 99.99999% sure i have got repeat HGF.

got the car for a few weeks as Matt needed his back for a while... going to have to seriously consider my options now
Dieselpowered
AMW Motorsports
Old 31-05-10, 09:21 PM   #59
peterzs
promoted bloke!

Smile

Bummer, hope you can sort it out, and its not too costly for you.

Old 04-07-10, 04:23 PM   #60
p_b82
Site Supporter

Well I have given the car to Matt for open heart surgery.

I most def have repeat HGF as there are now sooty deposits in the coolant and it is drinking water at a very alarming rate

So we are going to look at the wire & groove option again depending on what turns up when matt opens it up... it will be the best option to avoid it happening i am sure, but last time the guy advised Matt it could be a bit marginal for the head...

I am considering then to get the block done instead, but obviously that will be an engine out job...

When it is all bolted back together matt will get a reading of the Exhaust manifold pressure, and we can see if it is too high and work on getting it lowered if it needs it.

Oh and the car needs the ac looking at (maybe re-gas) and an MOT while it is there.

It was funny, my GF was following me today (as i am going to be out the country with work for a few weeks, matt has not given me his little R25) and even with only using 50% throttle and short changing at 3K rpm, her 206 could not keep up and i got an earful when i arrived at Matt's workshop.

Even a poorly, tuned L-series is a quicker than a 1.4 206
Dieselpowered
AMW Motorsports