theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Galleries > Members Cars

Old 26-09-08, 06:21 PM   #1
Matto 180

Matto 180 is on a distinguished road
MGCC Kimber House - My ZS 180

I went to the MGGC office at Kimber House in Abingdon (the spiritual home of MG) today to get some things moving with the Zed register website. I thought that as it was such a great day I would get some photos taken:

ZR/ZS/ZT Register Chairman
Matto 180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-08, 08:15 PM   #2
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Wink

I am a MGCC member, joined when the MGBGT was still going, now its slowly rotting away down the drive. What are you hoping to do? I always get the impression that the MG has to be 30 years old or older if possible before you are accepted at the meetings. I must admit that all my MG's apart from the ZS have been the type called a rolling restoration project and I never felt brave enough to turn up at a natter and park alongside the nice polished ones.
peterzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-08, 10:32 PM   #3
Matto 180

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterzs View Post
I am a MGCC member, joined when the MGBGT was still going, now its slowly rotting away down the drive. What are you hoping to do? I always get the impression that the MG has to be 30 years old or older if possible before you are accepted at the meetings. I must admit that all my MG's apart from the ZS have been the type called a rolling restoration project and I never felt brave enough to turn up at a natter and park alongside the nice polished ones.
Things are changing! The Car Club recognises that modern MGs are just as important as those from the past - after all look how successful the MGF Register is. Now we want to get things moving for the Zeds. If your are interested, why not come along to the Castle Combe meeting on the 25th October?

http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthre...0754#post70754

Last edited by Matto 180; 26-09-08 at 10:38 PM.
Old 27-09-08, 10:14 AM   #4
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matto 180 View Post
If your are interested, why not come along to the Castle Combe meeting on the 25th October?

http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthre...0754#post70754
We were going to Henstridge in July, but the weather put us off.

ZedFest 2009 sounds OK if it does get planned. I take it your the webmaster changing the Z register in the move over.

I am a TD so will be allowed in with all the big boys

Last edited by peterzs; 27-09-08 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Hi Matto just seen the other post for Castle Combe so forget my ?? on that one Thanks peter
peterzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-08, 11:46 AM   #5
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
I think we ought to have some cars there, unfortunately I cannot make it due to other plans. Sounds like the MG marque has opened up to accept all comers instead of the classic types. In order to keep it going it has to be opened up to the newer ones and be combined. At least the younger owners of the zed range etc can see the history of MG and perhaps sway them to own an older model as well as their current ride in the future.
Old 27-09-08, 07:48 PM   #6
Matto 180

Quote:
ZedFest 2009 sounds OK if it does get planned.
Well there are some ideas for this along with the MGF Register...

Quote:
I take it your the webmaster changing the Z register in the move over
Yes, I am looking after the ZR/ZS/ZT Register web pages of the new MGCC site

Old 27-09-08, 07:53 PM   #7
Matto 180

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
Sounds like the MG marque has opened up to accept all comers instead of the classic types. In order to keep it going it has to be opened up to the newer ones and be combined. At least the younger owners of the zed range etc can see the history of MG and perhaps sway them to own an older model as well as their current ride in the future.
I think the MGCC has really listened and is definitely looking at engaging more 'younger' people and the modern cars. When I took my Zed to Kimber House the Chairman was very complementary. And you are right, those older cars will need new owners in the future too...

Old 02-10-08, 08:39 AM   #8
adam

adam has a spectacular aura aboutadam has a spectacular aura about
I do love the Mk2 ZS 180 in black, probably my favourite style of ZS made!

Such I shame I couldn't run 3 cars or i'd have one.