Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 01-05-12, 12:09 AM   #1
brf1976

brf1976 is on a distinguished road
My MG ZS 180 in comparison to my last car - Skoda Octavia 1.8T 4x4

The cars
Previously owned prior to current MG ZS 180
Skoda Octavia 1.8T 4x4 Estate
- Remap to 194 Bhp (MIJ Performance Walsall)
- Pipercross panel air filter
- AP coilover adjustable suspension (Awesome GTI)
Current Car
MG ZS 180 (Bhp unknown – 180-185 approx.)
- Decat Exhaust (brand unknown)
- Piper cross cone with DIY cold air feed

Pros & Cons
The power delivery is completely different while both cars feel as powerful the MG ZS 180 needs to be on the high revs to compete also due to the extra torque from the Octavia (remapped) the power lasts longer with advantage of 4 wheel drive (less wheel spin).

The MG ZS 180 looks great the Octavia looks like a bog standard car

The MG ZS 180 sounds beastly the Octavia purred.

Fit a flat pack double bed in the Octavia and still room for wife and child.

The Octavia 1.8T 4X4 looks bog standard and to look at it you would not know it could beat an Octavia (Mk 1) VRS off the line (wolf in sheeps clothing ) surprised a few people.

The MG ZS 180 cornering is as standard is as good as the Octavia with adjustable suspension the MG ZS fills you with confidence

Interior is great in the MG ZS 180 love the colour coded seats Octavia cloth seats.

To summarise you could ask or say it is quite a change going from the Octavia to the MG ZS however the Octavia was as fun to drive as the MG ZS is now and that’s what both the cars have in common the only thing is I love the look and sound of the MG ZS I think im an addicted as I am now always looking for excuses to go to shops etc. anything to get behind the wheel…………LOVE IT
Attached Images
File Type: jpg $(KGrHqZHJCYE9!HrGPN+BP,frV6KGQ~~60_12.JPG (64.4 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00993.jpg (46.2 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00992.jpg (39.7 KB, 17 views)
brf1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-12, 12:28 AM   #2
Lukeus101

Lukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to all
Glad you are liking it mate Keep enjoying it!

ZS Appreciation Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/475756782447499/

> ZR 105 (Broken) > MK2 ZS 180 (Sold) > MK1 ZS 180 (Sold) > ZR Replica (Dead) > MK1 ZS 180 (Broken)
Lukeus101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-12, 12:41 AM   #3
brf1976

Cheers mate hard not to like it
Old 01-05-12, 12:58 AM   #4
Lukeus101

Lukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to all
I love my 180, the sound is second to none. Unfortunately my soppy German Shepherd doesnt find the saloon as comfy.

ZS Appreciation Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/475756782447499/

> ZR 105 (Broken) > MK2 ZS 180 (Sold) > MK1 ZS 180 (Sold) > ZR Replica (Dead) > MK1 ZS 180 (Broken)
Lukeus101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-12, 06:56 AM   #5
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by brf1976 View Post
Pros & Cons
The power delivery is completely different while both cars feel as powerful the MG ZS 180 needs to be on the high revs to compete also due to the extra torque from the Octavia (remapped) the power lasts longer with advantage of 4 wheel drive (less wheel spin).
My current 180 pulls through all Revs like a train, it is modified though! Certainly don't need to be in a specific rev range to have power

Quote:
Fit a flat pack double bed in the Octavia and still room for wife and child.
I got a flat pack double bed in my 180 the other day also, the other week, I went camping with an 8 man tent (two huge bags make up the tent) and enough kit for me and the two kids for 5 days.. Plenty of space, although I swear the saloon has more space, for non bulky items!

Quote:
I love the look and sound of the MG ZS I think im an addicted as I am now always looking for excuses to go to shops etc. anything to get behind the wheel…………LOVE IT
Gotta agree with you there! love driving my 180, I do kinda wish it was a Black Saloon MK2 instead of a Red Hatch MK1... but even so still bloody gorgrous to look at, and the mods done to it make it soooo much better to drive

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-12, 07:06 AM   #6
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Plus its the best colour, Trophy Yellow......................

Old 01-05-12, 07:17 AM   #7
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterzs View Post
Plus its the best colour, Trophy Yellow......................

Had a Trophy Yellow 180 once... But I recovered

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-12, 07:23 AM   #8
brf1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZS View Post
My current 180 pulls through all Revs like a train, it is modified though! Certainly don't need to be in a specific rev range to have power

Agree with you the comment the MG ZS certainly does have alot of power but the turbo of the 1.8T (remapped) kicks in at lower revs as to your modified MG ZS it could be different.

I got a flat pack double bed in my 180 the other day also, the other week, I went camping with an 8 man tent (two huge bags make up the tent) and enough kit for me and the two kids for 5 days.. Plenty of space, although I swear the saloon has more space, for non bulky items!

I hear what your saying not tried a double bed in ZS yet lol but I think the estate would have more boot space

Gotta agree with you there! love driving my 180, I do kinda wish it was a Black Saloon MK2 instead of a Red Hatch MK1... but even so still bloody gorgrous to look at, and the mods done to it make it soooo much better to drive
Once I've changed my induction to enclosed type mine sure the drive will be that much better.....and yes agree it is a better drive pleasure.
Old 01-05-12, 07:25 AM   #9
brf1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZS View Post
Had a Trophy Yellow 180 once... But I recovered
Sure you didn't bump your head lol
Old 01-05-12, 07:30 AM   #10
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Interesting read, until you have driven a 180 you would never know.