theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 02-02-14, 09:22 AM   #21
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
That's it, all the time you walk away then glance back!

Wayne Cherry, a design guru for the Vauxhall Opel group many years ago had a phrase to describe the look he wanted as "down the road styling", or in other words WTF was that! (in a nice way)

The day any of us lose that second glance is the time to move on, however having said that I have no idea what goes on in Dan's head sometimes!
Oi .....

Actually - to be fair - neither do I sometimes. Anyone fancy a very nice silver Mk2 - I want a V8 .....
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-14, 11:33 AM   #22
BUCKYDEVIL

BUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud of
Even the Mk2 looks old and past it's best now, not feeling the love anymore for a while now but feel more like Im stuck with it for what it's worth as not worth selling or trading in
I know it inside out & back to front all good bits & bad
kinda like being stuck in a bad relationship
dont respect it anymore & treat it like crap
cant mind the last time I had the urge to look back at it in admiration
but whilst it's still running I cant get rid.
BUCKYDEVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-14, 11:40 AM   #23
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUCKYDEVIL View Post
Even the Mk2 looks old and past it's best now, not feeling the love anymore for a while now but feel more like Im stuck with it for what it's worth as not worth selling or trading in
I know it inside out & back to front all good bits & bad
kinda like being stuck in a bad relationship
dont respect it anymore & treat it like crap
cant mind the last time I had the urge to look back at it in admiration
but whilst it's still running I cant get rid.

Not a lot to say to that pal. They are trading in for £500 as we found with the blue one recently, but there is still a market for a good one.

Thing is that we all move on not just with our cars but our lives aswell. Might be that you have more important things to think about, and your car is a tool to get from a to b now. Could be that no matter what you drive, it won't get that look over your shoulder as you walk away.

And then if you were to throw a few grand at changing your car - throw a few grand at the ZS and you're talking major changes and it'd be like a new car ...
Old 02-02-14, 11:48 AM   #24
BUCKYDEVIL

BUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud of
Wise words Dan as Guess you more than most people know about moving on then coming back to the ZS
Looking at the works car park with Fous ST's ,Golf VR 32's, Audi TT's, etc
my ZS looks like and old has been
your right that it's just a mode from A to B just now
probably just the doldrums of winter driving and taking it easy
Come the dry weather and spirited foot down will blow the cobwebs away
BUCKYDEVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-14, 12:02 PM   #25
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUCKYDEVIL View Post
Wise words Dan as Guess you more than most people know about moving on then coming back to the ZS
Looking at the works car park with Fous ST's ,Golf VR 32's, Audi TT's, etc
my ZS looks like and old has been
your right that it's just a mode from A to B just now
probably just the doldrums of winter driving and taking it easy
Come the dry weather and spirited foot down will blow the cobwebs away
Mate I'm back and forth all the time - always looking ! There's always been a rationale for selling - and then another for buying back into one. My silver one's awesome right now - best I've had - but - I'm got ebay, Autotrader and the MG260s forum tabs open right now !

Just a character thing I guess. Not that I need to - but if something else came along - so be it ....
Old 02-02-14, 01:35 PM   #26
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
If some use their ZS's on a daily basis then I can see why some feel tired of them when you see what is in the works carparks. I'm glad I have a different daily commuter but even my 58 plate Vectra Elite estate is old compared to most but it is a decent tool for what I need it for. The ZS fills in the gap for me and I do still enjoy it.

This morning I started it up and took it for a nice Sunday drive through the country roads. That is where it shows it still has it, I don't care too much that it is old now, as am I! we compliment each other
Old 02-02-14, 01:38 PM   #27
grimmy
its ginger its phenomenal

grimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud of
I.see much more modern cars in the works car park but there isn't one that I would swap the zed for new cars all seem to look the same and don't do nothing for me but get where Marcus is coming from.I think.it's just the "i want a change" for the sake of changing that's what I feel anyway.what you need Marcus is a couple of do stuff meets.��
Old 02-02-14, 01:38 PM   #28
sheldore

sheldore is on a distinguished road
Since my vectra died, the ZS is now the daily car and to be honest I enjoy driving it too work everyday. It's sits between the Managers Jag and the Fitters Citreon DS3, it may look old compared to them, but haven driven both, I was glad to get back into the MG it's a drivers car and I like to drive.
sheldore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-14, 04:56 PM   #29
Ritchy
technically an expertish

Ritchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to all
A ZS with properly functioning suspension and everything operating correctly is still a nice car, they drive well, the issue most being at least 10 years old now most have wee issues that annoy you be that the water leak in the boot or an annoying squeak, or perhaps not as clean inside or out as it could be.
Personally I wanted something with a bit more grunt with aircon and xenons ect hence the subaru, and that hasn't turned out as well as I had hoped.
Old 02-02-14, 07:01 PM   #30
Steven11

Steven11 has a spectacular aura aboutSteven11 has a spectacular aura about
I had my Zed from new. Had her 10 years and loved every minute I had her. I just sold her on the first of Dec. She had 70,000 miles and was pretty mint excluding the fact the belts needed done and I got £600.

Some things I have noticed since getting my new car. First of all let it be clear I bought 5 Zeds in a row so I loved them and would defend them to the death. however I think its amazing what you just get use to. I picked up a 63 plate A3 2.0 Tdi Sportback Sline185 and I can honestly say I didn't realise how noisy, thirsty, and uncomfortably my Mk2 180 was. The main problem is it's underpowered for the size of the engine. My 2.0 Tdi feels every bit as fast if not faster and im getting 65 MPG now. Its Amazing how quiet the cabin is compared to the Zed, and because the car is put together better the Ban & Olufsen sound system sounds awesome.

I agree that the Zed looks fantastic but Looking at my A3 now is looks so much more modern then the zed. The moral of the story is im not missing the Zed as much as I thought I would.

However my wife's friend who bought the Zed from me came round the other day, and don't ask my why but I felt compelled to go outside and inspect her to see how she was being treated, ended up spending 2 1/2 hours washing, polishing, hovering the works. Wife was looking at me like I was a weirdo. Looked great when I was finished though, So the love is still definitely there. Was just time to move on.
Steven11 is offline   Reply With Quote