theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 11-10-14, 03:58 PM   #1
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
Facebook advice

The sage advice you read on the fb zs pages, lol.

"Dump valves stop over boosting" no, they really don't.

"Your dumping over a bar of boost, so a petrol dump valve won't work" really !!

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-14, 04:12 PM   #2
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Maxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to all
Everyday I read something on FB the more I come to realise that being stupid is a disease and it appears to be transmitted via social networking sites
Old 11-10-14, 04:20 PM   #3
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Unfortunately it is quite common in the workplace too, I had a manager once who never caught the concept of engage brain before mouth. I always use this little ditty:

It is better to be a thought a fool then to open ones mouth and remove all doubt.
Old 11-10-14, 04:27 PM   #4
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
Very true comment Mick.

Old 11-10-14, 04:54 PM   #5
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

As I have got older, I take a much more laid back approach to it all.

If you dont know, you dont know.

What might be obvious to most, can be like rocket science to others.

Might be some that think they do know it all, when in fact they know very little, but I must admit it annoys me a tad, when someone is made to feel stupid for asking a question and all they want is the answer.

Someone just moaned about someone asking a simple question on F/B, that all you have to do is "google", it and you can find the answer. But then thats what's the F/B groups are for, finding out.

Takes all sorts I suppose, ignore the rubbish and try and help the genuine queries.

Just a quick heads up, make sure you know the date when your MOT runs out. Cough !!

Old 11-10-14, 04:56 PM   #6
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

Apparently a dump valve stops air entering the turbo and making it spin backwards

Old 11-10-14, 05:16 PM   #7
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Thought that was the Flux Capacitor!!

Old 11-10-14, 05:18 PM   #8
peterzs
promoted bloke!

Smile

Reckon they do it to wind us up!!!

Maybe F/B needs this icon.

Old 11-10-14, 05:26 PM   #9
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

Exactly Pete, I thought the use of the flux capacitor was common knowledge

Old 11-10-14, 06:41 PM   #10
henocsr

henocsr is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxfly View Post
Everyday I read something on FB the more I come to realise that being stupid is a disease and it appears to be transmitted via social networking sites
yes it seems that there is a large amount of people that have not and will not grow up. They all seem to have the same out look on life, other people, and the world with the eyes of an annoying 14-16 year old. FB and other simular sites just grow and stimulate it. Even the news on TV and documenties are now all dumbed down with childlike presnters.

Maybe now i am 30 i have turned into a grumpy old man, or was it just a better world 10 years ago when the internet was something people would look at to get information or buy something. Not tell the world what they ate for breakfast or that the woman in front of them in the bus queue is a horrible b**** because she looked at me funny and was wearing the same coat as me etc etc