theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 25-04-10, 07:08 PM   #1
Nor

Nor is a jewel in the roughNor is a jewel in the roughNor is a jewel in the rough
Traffic light with progress bar

Quote:
Eko light is a simple yet, highly practical concept for traffic lights that not only helps preserve the environment by reducing pollution but promotes safer driving as well. Eko can be easily installed onto existing traffic light systems without much effort while significantly improving overall traffic dynamics.

There are many benefits of the Eko light, the main ones being:

Less pollution. Drivers can turn their engines off and cut carbon emissions while waiting for the green light.

Less fuel consumption
Turning off your vehicle while waiting on the traffic light can lower fuel consumption in the long run.

Less stress Since you know exactly
how long you have to wait you can sit back and clear your head for a while. No need to keep your foot on the gas. Relax.

Safer driving- With the Eko light both drivers and pedestrians can be fully aware of how much time they have left before the light changes and that way reduce the chance for potential traffic accidents.
http://relogik.com/eko
Old 25-04-10, 07:26 PM   #2
bmm87

bmm87 is on a distinguished road
thats quite cool, but it would prob lead to people going on the last couple of bars and smacking some pedestrians!
Old 25-04-10, 07:41 PM   #3
Ritchy
technically an expertish

Ritchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to all
lol was thinking similar:P
Old 25-04-10, 08:46 PM   #4
R8NMG

R8NMG will become famous soon enough
I have seen seconds countdown for the red and green men for pedestrians at the lights. Quite handy.

With this I don't think I will be switching on and off my engine at every light.
R8NMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-10, 08:49 PM   #5
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
A good idea, I'm sure I'm not alone when at a set of lights we all know well to the point we know the phases and when to get into gear. This would help to not get caught napping as well.
Old 25-04-10, 10:29 PM   #6
grimmy

anybody else thinking drag racing he he he
Old 26-04-10, 03:43 AM   #7
Zippy Saloon

Its very nice for the green brigade to suggest turning car off but how long would a normal starter motor last under those conditions? All these stop/start cars have heavy duty motors.

This music go thru anyone elses head when looking at that red light?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z-dJ35fOiM
Old 26-04-10, 07:22 AM   #8
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy Saloon View Post
This music go thru anyone elses head when looking at that red light?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z-dJ35fOiM
The lights go out...and their off..GO,GO,GO!!

Yer almost like having the tree at pod.

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-10, 07:27 AM   #9
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
One thing we ought to change is how we sit at red lights with no traffic in certain directions. In the states if you are wanting to turn right and the light is red, you can make the turn as long as the sign says you can at thast given junction and the road is clear, saves you sitting there with the engine running. Keeps the flow of traffic.
Old 26-04-10, 08:17 AM   #10
R8NMG

R8NMG will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
In the states if you are wanting to turn right and the light is red, you can make the turn as long as the sign says you can at thast given junction and the road is clear, saves you sitting there with the engine running. Keeps the flow of traffic.
With a bit of research for use in this country, it might work I think. I do find though as a pedestrain even with a green man I have to keep looking out for traffic turning right even though the pedestrians supposedly have the right of way.
R8NMG is offline   Reply With Quote