theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 25-04-12, 10:11 PM   #111
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
6?
Old 27-04-12, 11:49 AM   #112
Eddie

Eddie will become famous soon enough
Just found the thread, really hope this happens, I remember the ZS120 turbo back in the day, was a little temperamental but dam quick.
With time and experience I would say the problems have been identified so you'll have a good chance of success first time round, mouth watering prospect of VVC Turbo.
You ever thought of transplanting an MB6 engine and gearbox into the ZS120, box has an LSD as standard and the B18 in stock unopened form is good for 300+hp?
I know you like the idea of retaining the OE marque through-out but I would love to see something special, rotated lump so you have good weigh ballence as driver sits same side as gear box.
Come on G, get this VVC T finished
Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-12, 12:59 PM   #113
MG6Turbo
Banned

MG6Turbo is on a distinguished road
The engine is destined for another mg !

Yes alot was learned back in the day, it was still very quick. It did the quarter in a half decent time too !

G
MG6Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-12, 02:18 PM   #114
Quadcam24

Quadcam24 is a jewel in the roughQuadcam24 is a jewel in the roughQuadcam24 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
Just found the thread, really hope this happens, I remember the ZS120 turbo back in the day, was a little temperamental but dam quick.
With time and experience I would say the problems have been identified so you'll have a good chance of success first time round, mouth watering prospect of VVC Turbo.
You ever thought of transplanting an MB6 engine and gearbox into the ZS120, box has an LSD as standard and the B18 in stock unopened form is good for 300+hp?
I know you like the idea of retaining the OE marque through-out but I would love to see something special, rotated lump so you have good weigh ballence as driver sits same side as gear box.
Come on G, get this VVC T finished
what would be involved in the honda transplant ed ?
Quadcam24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-12, 06:36 PM   #115
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
You'd have to start with civic engine and gearbox mounts I guess, and proberbly use all the other engine bay fittings - rads etc, modify the exhaust and mate the honda engine electrics to the body electrics.
Old 27-04-12, 09:53 PM   #116
Eddie

Eddie will become famous soon enough
Mount kit would be easy and required, hate cutting out stock mounts and reusing them, would talk to couple of manufactures such as innovate, send them details of the ZS engine bay and have a set of mounts made, not as expensive at you think either, they make various types of compounds for the mounts, as soft/solid as you want.
Compare the shift linkage and make something that fits or just throw in a Ford Focus 5 speed shifter and convert the lot to cable and have done with it, seen this done many times, JJ Cables can make up the shifter cables easily enough, just have the cable shifter mechanism made up.
Radiator is an off the shelf part really, I would use a 3 core half size to allow for room to fit a real nice tubular turbo manifold and decent size turbo.
Wiring, not difficult, break out the schematic of both cars and reverse engineer it, yes, they’ll be a few headaches for sure but nothing expensive just head scratching moments.
Would run it on Hondata or AEM management as there are loads of base maps to get things started, manage the power with boost by gear, which is an onboard component in the ECU, allows you to ramp up the boost in each gear, kind of traction control bit like the AVCR. Set of Evo 550 injectors or RC750’s and an in tank 255 LPH fuel pump. Not sure what size fuel lines the ZS120 runs, so may run a pair of -6 lines.
3” down pipe and whatever size system you want to attach, personally, I would stay at 300hp and run boost by gear as a road car, would lots of fun, reliable and cheap to fix when things do go wrong, with forged internals it has the ability to make 400 to 500hp.

This is a mates car I've been involved with the build, it's built to go fast, very fast, it managed 181 mph on a flooded US Airbase, gear for 217mph, rain did stop play though. This a forged B18 from a Civic 700hp and 500 ft/lbs

This I would love to see in a ZS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Knbc...1&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2crAa...2&feature=plcp
Attached Images
File Type: jpg aca4c7a4.jpg (99.9 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by Eddie; 27-04-12 at 10:47 PM.
Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote