theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 02-10-10, 06:49 AM   #61
Smokie

Smokie will become famous soon enough
Dam mate you were just down the road from me, i am at Carlisle. if i had known i could have fetched my tow rope and pulled you off the motorway. oh well never mind. least you got it all sorted and back home.
Smokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-10, 08:10 AM   #62
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Glad you're back home safe mate. Top other half you have there. Good on you both.

Hope the car works OK for you.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-10, 11:30 AM   #63
grimmy

Sounds like a bit of a nightmare. but glad you all got home safe and sound ,hope you get the niggles sorted quickly and start enjoying the car
Old 02-10-10, 12:03 PM   #64
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Only just seen this, Congrats in being back in a ZS, sounds like an epic journey. Ive got a spare alternator if needed, also Let me know if you could do will a MIL kit.

When do we get pictures of the Zed and your console mods?!

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-10, 12:13 PM   #65
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Maxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to all
An epic trek right enough, least you both got home safely kat be needing a good rest when she finishes work. Enjoy the tinkering with it
Old 02-10-10, 01:35 PM   #66
Smokey
The Alan Gow of OBTCC

Smokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to behold
Apart from having a wee altercation with a wall getting into my drive (thank god it's getting vinyls to cover the scrape lol) the car appears to be fine, battery seems fine and not losing charge, the car starts with no issues and just did a 100 mile trip to fife and back with no issues so reckon the battery was almost drained when I got it and with having everything hooked up ie sat nav, phone, iPod, lights, wipers, stero etc it never got a chance to charge.

And Jay, the centre console mod was for getting a mk2. That project will be on the back burner until I get a mk2 after the wedding for my daily drive 180.

This project is purely track fun so seats will be out, weight loss diet, stereo out, new back box to suit decat, induction and btcc replica vinyls. Will be doing that once it's gone through MOT in November then up to Knockhill for racing!

2009 Forza 2 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC 2nd Place Runner-up
2009/2010 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Clio Cup 4th Place
2010 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/F500 Cup 2nd Place Runner-up
2011 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Driver's Championship 3rd Place
2012 Forza 4 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Driver's Championship 1st Place Winner
2012/2013 Forza 4 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/DTM Championship 3rd Place
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-10, 02:15 PM   #67
grimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
Apart from having a wee altercation with a wall getting into my drive (thank god it's getting vinyls to cover the scrape lol) the car appears to be fine, battery seems fine and not losing charge, the car starts with no issues and just did a 100 mile trip to fife and back with no issues so reckon the battery was almost drained when I got it and with having everything hooked up ie sat nav, phone, iPod, lights, wipers, stero etc it never got a chance to charge.

And Jay, the centre console mod was for getting a mk2. That project will be on the back burner until I get a mk2 after the wedding for my daily drive 180.

This project is purely track fun so seats will be out, weight loss diet, stereo out, new back box to suit decat, induction and btcc replica vinyls. Will be doing that once it's gone through MOT in November then up to Knockhill for racing!
Doubt the weather on the way up would have helped the m6 was a nightmare yesterday never seen so much rain looking forward to seeing the progress on it
Old 02-10-10, 02:29 PM   #68
Smokey
The Alan Gow of OBTCC

Smokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to behold
Yeah was raining the entire journey!

Once it's completed the MOT, I will be happy to get it on track. I assume the previously interested parties in racing theMGZS.co.uk track car are still in fact interested?

2009 Forza 2 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC 2nd Place Runner-up
2009/2010 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Clio Cup 4th Place
2010 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/F500 Cup 2nd Place Runner-up
2011 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Driver's Championship 3rd Place
2012 Forza 4 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Driver's Championship 1st Place Winner
2012/2013 Forza 4 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/DTM Championship 3rd Place
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-10, 02:36 PM   #69
grimmy

I am still interested
Old 02-10-10, 04:09 PM   #70
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Maxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to all
Good stuff, i take it you will be saving the items you are removing from the 180? That should give you a decent amount of money back that was spent on buying it, so an even greater bargain lol

What sort of design you going for with the vinyls?

*edit* just seen the BTCC post in the other thread