theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 13-08-13, 10:32 PM   #21
Mark S

Mark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by thered180 View Post
So would the hubs fit do you think ? Or do you think the dimensions would be slightly different else where ?
don't forget the brembo setup was on the later civic 01> whereas your ZS is pretty much the same as the eg (early 90's) and MB (95-99)

I would check the brembo setup fits the MB first, else all you would gain are 5 stud wheels!

The later (brembo) civic and DC5 was likely a macpherson front strut rather than double wishbone, so some things may be different.

What exactly are you trying to achieve by fitting different hubs when a new big brake kit would weigh in for the same money as dc5 brembo's?
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-13, 10:41 PM   #22
Skillen

Skillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by thered180 View Post
So would the hubs fit do you think ? Or do you think the dimensions would be slightly different else where ?
I don't think it's worth the hassle after what I put as the prices. And who knows if the carriers will fit and the calipers. And god knows what else like mark says the cost of the second hand teg brembos is almost as much as brand new one hispecs.
And you could pick up brand new pug 4pots for less than that too if you didn't want to go second hand.

5 stud wheel figment would be awesome as there are a lot of wheels available. But, IMO not worth it for that alone. (Unless for ZT 18's )
Skillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-13, 12:27 AM   #23
thered180

thered180 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S View Post
don't forget the brembo setup was on the later civic 01> whereas your ZS is pretty much the same as the eg (early 90's) and MB (95-99)

I would check the brembo setup fits the MB first, else all you would gain are 5 stud wheels!

The later (brembo) civic and DC5 was likely a macpherson front strut rather than double wishbone, so some things may be different.

What exactly are you trying to achieve by fitting different hubs when a new big brake kit would weigh in for the same money as dc5 brembo's?
I was just curious as to the setups on the hondas. I'm aware that the MB6 is very similar to our MG's, but i just wasn't sure about the integra and what set it apart from the early civics. I was thinking it may be possible to get a wider variety of parts from the states if the hubs were easily changed. Sounds like a bit too much hassle when i've thought about it, an your right about the price too, wouldn't really be worth it.
thered180 is offline   Reply With Quote