theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 02-01-11, 08:57 AM   #1
lawrence-zs180

lawrence-zs180 is on a distinguished road
Sooo what about this diesel fuel then...

Unless you have been in a cave for the last... well 2 years really you will have seen that fuel is on the rise and at a alarming rate as well... its gone up 10p since my missis last filled up her punto!!!!
I'm sure most of you have felt the pinch and with the threat of it going to 130+ and also insurance premiums poss going up by 40% its all getting a bit tight.
Sooo instead of leaving the zs which I just cant seem to do (even the missis spotted that when she said 'why dont you get a alfa jtd or a veccy' and I looked like she had said 'can you just shoot your parents') Im looking to go zs td and I was after the td owners on here to point out the issues to look out for, mpg and the best sort of modds... would be looking at a mk1.
Old 02-01-11, 09:02 AM   #2
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Biggest problem you're gonna have is finding one !!!!
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-11, 09:09 AM   #3
lawrence-zs180

tell me about it lol.... there are a few but with what I have learn't with my 180 I'm alot more careful.. that was a massive learning curve.
Old 02-01-11, 11:13 AM   #4
haGGard

haGGard is on a distinguished road
I've also been thinking about this too. Adrian Flux want 1535 pounds off me in 2 weeks time just to insure the 180 again, then i need road tax on top of that, plus filling the thing is getting expensive!

However everytime i put my foot down and i hear the v6 past 3k rpm i get all confused!! Would love to keep it but im not sure i could manage!
haGGard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-11, 11:15 AM   #5
lawrence-zs180

Quote:
Adrian Flux want 1535 pounds
Christ!!!!! try someone else im with sky and Im paying ?680 with only 2 years ncd.
Yea that v6 noise is a right sod for confusing things oh and the power lol.
Old 02-01-11, 11:31 AM   #6
Bobdope2002
Senior Pant Sniffer

Bobdope2002 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by haGGard View Post
I've also been thinking about this too. Adrian Flux want 1535 pounds off me in 2 weeks time just to insure the 180 again, then i need road tax on top of that, plus filling the thing is getting expensive!

However everytime i put my foot down and i hear the v6 past 3k rpm i get all confused!! Would love to keep it but im not sure i could manage!
i cant no more

Bobdope2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-11, 12:01 PM   #7
caled

caled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nice
Aye, the ZS is becoming even more difficult to run. If insurance prices go up again, Im either going to have to move to a better postcode or get a different car.

Im thinking move.
Old 02-01-11, 12:45 PM   #8
Bobdope2002
Senior Pant Sniffer

Bobdope2002 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by caled View Post
Aye, the ZS is becoming even more difficult to run. If insurance prices go up again, Im either going to have to move to a better postcode or get a different car.

Im thinking move.
thats just not the case for me

for the amount i use it i cant justify paying for it or even owning it

Old banger here i come
Bobdope2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-11, 12:56 PM   #9
caled

caled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdope2002 View Post
thats just not the case for me

for the amount i use it i cant justify paying for it or even owning it

Old banger here i come
I can sympathise - cars are becoming very expensive commodities, especially when we don't use them to commute to work. Least we don't have as much to worry about with the petrol prices.

With mine, by far the single largest outlay is the insurance premium due to the truly horrific postcode (near the centre of Manchester...). I ransacked my savings to pay it off, suffice to say it is more than any premiums mentioned so far in this thread. I managed to pay it all off (to avoid the 10% direct debit charge) and am hoping to get some of the premium back when I move.

But increasing insurance costs, increasing fuel and still the doubt over whether the ZS180 will be included in the newer road tax scheme means that it is becoming ever more difficult to justify owning the car, which is a damn shame because its one of the few things that can bring a smile to my face at the minute.

Trying times, indeed.
Old 02-01-11, 12:59 PM   #10
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Dervs go well with a few cheap mods, decat, BMC panel filter, push the boost up, remap, Ive got a MAFRAM box, dont know what it does but suppose to give better running, ss Powerflow exhaust. You can put in SDi injectors, and can then see 150 bhp + increase in torque, but at a cost to the mpg.

Was getting 50+ mpg but after playing around its more like 40+ but thats using the torque and smiling all the time.

Its a different way of driving, dont have to use all the revs, as they pull from 1500 up to 4500 most wierd after being used to max power at max revs.

Only probs I've had was the o/s/r brake stuck on chewing up disk, was rusted up.

Been round Brands as a novice and took it to Santa Pod, 134 bhp, Santa Pod 17.5 secs and 82 mph, not as fast as the 180, but tax is only ?125 a year and ins. is lowish.

I would get another one, are quick enough and can keep up with most cars.