theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 02-01-11, 10:18 PM   #21
lawrence-zs180

lawrence-zs180 is on a distinguished road
Deff not having a banger hence the zs td hunt... if you get lucky a cheap one can for min expence, i had a 96 cavalier v6 got it for 400 t+t and in the 2 years i had it it only needed tyres and oil changes
Old 02-01-11, 11:22 PM   #22
daytona365

daytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdope2002 View Post
be nice to say that mate

with petrol nearing ?1.30 a litre its going to cost me at least ?20 to take it out around the block.... When your only earning min wage and having to fork out stoopid amounts on bills that ?20 id rather spend on something else

As ive said in another thread im just going to get an old ?500 banger with an mot ticket on and some tax and just thrash it around.......be nice to just walk up to a car and just belt it one with a hammer and not give a fook where as with my ZS i feel i have to wrap it up in cotton wool and that paranoia isnt for me no more

In Time hopefully i can go out and buy another but most likely not ive owned MG/Rover since i passed my test and i fancy a change

RIP Rover Ownership
Well Im on almost minimum wage, have to live on Families Tax.
But whats the point of saving money to live life bored.
I dont need a car full stop, without one Id save ?40 (garage) ?55 (Insurance) ?75 (Petrol) ?20 (Tax), plus servicing, tyres....

BUT! Id be a lifeless, boring, zombiefied better off financially person. I dont want to live, unless life is fun. Thats why my ZS180 will continue to cosy me most of my money, take me to motorracing, car shows, marshalling.

In another page, we all talking about organising a trip to the touring cars at Brands in April. Its expensive, but we all want to go.
Come on lads, if we worried about money, we would never go out with girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, they cost more than cars...........

Last edited by daytona365; 03-01-11 at 12:10 AM. Reason: Spelling mistake
daytona365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-11, 11:30 PM   #23
coreygraham180
Lean, Mean and Green

coreygraham180 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by daytona365 View Post
I dont need a car full stop, without one Id save ?40 (garage) ?55 (Insurance) ?75 (Petrol) ?20 (Tax), plus servicing, tyres....

BUT! Id be a lifeless, boring, zombiefied better off financially person. I dont want to live, unless life is fun. Thats why my ZS180 will continue to cosy me most of my money, take me to motorracing, car shows, marshalling.

In another page, we all talking about organising a trip to the touring cars at Brands in April. Its expensive, but we all wont to go.
Come on lads, if we worried about money, we would never go out with girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, they cost more than cars...........
I total agree but in my case 3 grand insurance is a joke cause I am 17 but I'll get there eventually .....lol

Quote:
Speeding has never killed anyone.........suddenly becoming stationary kills you.....Quickly
2010 Forza 3 OBTCC Table 2 Champion
coreygraham180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-11, 06:41 AM   #24
fastmike

fastmike is on a distinguished road
I have a cheap car if you want it ...... a 1998 Daewoo Nubira 2.0 16v auto... leccy windows , mirrors , roof , air con and full leather.... taxed and tested , no rust etc ..... a good no nonsense car and does 38 MPG on a run oh.... and 10 disc CD changer.... ?350

drop me a txt on 07920 842263
fastmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-11, 08:08 AM   #25
lawrence-zs180

Cheers for the offer but its gonna be a zed td onve i find one lol... not desprate and i gotta save the dosh.
Old 03-01-11, 08:30 AM   #26
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Maxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to all
What's your price range mate? Is that the reason for going MK1 or you just prefer them?

Just incase here's is a mix

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1975830.htm
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2322072.htm
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1760995.htm
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2187326.htm
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...15dt?logcode=p
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...15dt?logcode=p
Old 03-01-11, 09:22 AM   #27
Bobdope2002
Senior Pant Sniffer

Bobdope2002 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by daytona365 View Post

In another page, we all talking about organising a trip to the touring cars at Brands in April. Its expensive, but we all want to go.
It's nothing to do with being boring me ode china it's more the fact of things are becoming more and more expensive and people such as myself are finding things even more difficult then say a few months back......

EDIT: Just Spotted a car i want and am going to look at

Owning such a huge petrol drinking monster of a V6 car paying ?80 a month on insurance ?20 tax etc when it sits they're because I can't afford to put fuel into it is a waste of time.......I'll be honest and say I'm having seconds of getting shut and just sorning it away but what's the point

I wish I got tax credits.... my friend who I work with has 2 kids and he gets just short of an extra ?150 a week extra on top of his wages I don't think it's fair but that's life!!!

Last edited by Bobdope2002; 03-01-11 at 09:51 AM.
Bobdope2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-11, 09:46 AM   #28
lawrence-zs180

cheers Gary I will have a look at those... not sure of budget prob gonna be about 2k and then when I shift the 180 some of the money from that will go to the new zed and the rest will go into savings... woooooo lol.

Do the derv's suffer with the same clutch issue?

Just had a look.... the 4th and last link look nice but the mk1 is almost the same price as the mk2 suppose its a dealer though.

Last edited by lawrence-zs180; 03-01-11 at 10:12 AM.
lawrence-zs180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-11, 10:58 AM   #29
caled

caled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nice
Just to add a bit to what I was talking about on page 1 about stupid insurance costs, it really does depend largely on where you are.
I just ran an insurance quote through confused.com for a 54 plate 1.2l VW polo that someone is selling on another forum (quite nice, actually, just shy of 50mpg too), and it came back with a premium of 85% of the cost of my ZS 180 insurance. For an extra 15%, thats a hell of a lot more car! I think insurance companies have mistaken my postcode for somewhere in Beirut.
Old 03-01-11, 11:10 AM   #30
Bobdope2002
Senior Pant Sniffer

Bobdope2002 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by caled View Post
I think insurance companies have mistaken my postcode for somewhere in Beirut.
you do live in manchester
Bobdope2002 is offline   Reply With Quote