theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 04-05-14, 02:08 PM   #21
M17TT180

M17TT180 is a jewel in the roughM17TT180 is a jewel in the roughM17TT180 is a jewel in the roughM17TT180 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by top_man_eldo View Post
I did struggle to bleed the system, to the point of it being impossible. I've fitted these before, two of Nigels kits and had absolutely no problem. It's not difficult to work out and am convinced that I fitted it correctly.

I may of course have something different at the pedal end to other ZS's maybe? I don't know. Although by drilling that extra hole in the pedal and attaching the clevis pin to it, and therefore lengthening the stroke of the master cylinder which in turn bled the system straight away, tells me that the stroke on the master cylinder is just not long enough (if using the existing hole in the pedal). Even with the clevis pin wound to the end of its travel on the pushrod, I couldn't get any fluid or air out.

A vacuum bleeder is a good example, I have never used one but have seen them advertised.
Could the pedal have been replaced at some point?

Lots of second- hand parts click HERE
Project Typhoon
M17TT180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-14, 02:26 PM   #22
top_man_eldo

top_man_eldo is a jewel in the roughtop_man_eldo is a jewel in the roughtop_man_eldo is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by M17TT180 View Post
Could the pedal have been replaced at some point?
Possible I guess, but I can't really think of a reason why anyone would want to change a clutch pedal?

It'd be interesting to see if anyone else has problems fitting these DID kits - I did search for it on Google but couldn't find much info', I don't know if they're a relatively new product or not but the Sheddist kit is by far the most common.

As I said, I'm sure Sheddist's kit did come with a second clevis pin, whether or not one was for the MK1 and one for the MKII, I don't know, but there must have been a reason for supplying two, and surely the only reason would be to adjust the length of the stroke on the clutch master cylinder?
top_man_eldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-14, 02:50 PM   #23
M17TT180

M17TT180 is a jewel in the roughM17TT180 is a jewel in the roughM17TT180 is a jewel in the roughM17TT180 is a jewel in the rough
What have you got a mk1 or mk2?

Project Typhoon
Old 04-05-14, 03:08 PM   #24
top_man_eldo

top_man_eldo is a jewel in the roughtop_man_eldo is a jewel in the roughtop_man_eldo is a jewel in the rough
2002 mk1
Old 04-05-14, 03:10 PM   #25
M17TT180

Quote:
Originally Posted by top_man_eldo View Post
2002 mk1
That could be it then, mines a mk2. Its possible there is a slight difference between the two and the mk1 needs a longer clevis.

Project Typhoon
Old 04-05-14, 04:59 PM   #26
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
The dark ice kit has only been around for a couple of months - did you feed your problems back to them?
Old 04-05-14, 05:02 PM   #27
top_man_eldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingcars View Post
The dark ice kit has only been around for a couple of months - did you feed your problems back to them?
Yes I have the draft e-mail saved in my outbox. I was trying to find out if other people had problems before I sent it.
Old 10-05-14, 02:42 PM   #28
caled

caled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nice
Fitted mine this morning, no problems so far...

By chance, the clutch biting point feels about in the same place for both systems. Mine's an 04 plate mk2 180. Perhaps it is something to do with the earlier mk1s?
Old 12-05-14, 11:42 AM   #29
ZSZRANDRF900

ZSZRANDRF900 has a spectacular aura aboutZSZRANDRF900 has a spectacular aura about
does anyone know what Clive fitted to the 180 I bought off of him? its got a bite point about 1mm off the carpet. i have lost every contact in my phone so cant text him to ask
ZSZRANDRF900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-14, 11:43 AM   #30
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZSZRANDRF900 View Post
does anyone know what Clive fitted to the 180 I bought off of him? its got a bite point about 1mm off the carpet. i have lost every contact in my phone so cant text him to ask
It was the dark ice designs one.

So you were the one that beat me to it .....
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote