theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Galleries > Members Cars

Old 19-12-14, 09:38 PM   #1
MG ZS STE
Site Supporter

MG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really nice
Firefrost 180

You may remember I recently acquired Staccato's old ZS. It was once a very sorted ZS but had been a bit neglected and was in need of rescuing.

I didn't really have a plan on what I was going to do with it when I placed a bid and was actually surprised I won it. I then had the migraine of how was I going to get it back here from uttoxeter? where could I hire a trailer, who could I ask to help me get it back, when would I be able to get time off work... With everything else I've got on my plate at the moment I was beginning to regret bidding. Then G offered to deliver it for petrol money, I was mighty relieved. My first impression when I saw it was that it was much worse than it looked in the pictures. I always tell people a photo tells a thousand lies and this was no exception. It needed a complete front end and will probably need a complete rear end as well if you really want to get it back to near perfect. I'm not criticising anybody before his pals say anything. I think he actually described the car well enough and still feel I got a bargain. Just its a bit more work than id first thought. So, with this in mind I started trawling the old interweb for any body panels in firefrost. If i wanted to get a complete front end I was looking at £350+. So I thought if im spending that much I bet i could get a whole car for that. So i did, well £200 + £150 to get it trailered. and here it is.

its a diesel that's a CAT C but still runs and drives and pulls very strong. Took me a bit by surprise having never driven the diesel ZS before. It has all the front end parts i need, plus 4 solid door handles which i'll also need amongst various other bits and bobs. Then when im done i plan to break the rest to finance the project. Its got 17" momo alloys, new rear disks and calipers and looks to be a custom exhaust?

I've already started tearing down the front end of the 180 but found several things that need attention before i could even think about putting the new front end on. Will update as and when but this will be slow due to other commitments.
Old 19-12-14, 10:38 PM   #2
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
That will certainly keep you busy.
Old 20-12-14, 12:29 AM   #3
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Bet it will be worth it in the end.

Good luck with it.

Old 20-12-14, 12:42 AM   #4
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Maxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to all
Like the look of this, should be a nice wee resto project. Hope you are able to see it through and good luck!
Old 20-12-14, 07:07 AM   #5
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
God luck mate .... bit of work there to be getting on with.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-14, 11:03 AM   #6
ZS180V6

ZS180V6 is on a distinguished road
It's amazing what you can get for the money if your patient and lucky too I guess. Looks like a good deal...
ZS180V6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-14, 11:26 AM   #7
dsirrom

dsirrom is on a distinguished road
Best of luck with the resurrection - you will feel a real sense of pride when you've finished
dsirrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-14, 12:21 PM   #8
grimmy
its ginger its phenomenal

grimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud of
Looks like you are ready to rock on the restoration now.look forward to seeing it back to its best.well done on taking the project on.
Old 20-12-14, 12:37 PM   #9
JIMZS180
Site Supporter

JIMZS180 is on a distinguished road
Good luck with this mate..If you finish up with a spare boot lid let me know!!
Old 20-12-14, 12:45 PM   #10
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
So you've gone from having a firefrost ZS180 in need of love to a pristine Fireefrost 180 and a harlequin ZS diesel to sell on.

Good luck.