theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26-07-12, 12:44 PM   #1
littlened

littlened is on a distinguished road
Waiting 7 weeks for a replacement engine.

Hi All,

I bought a KV6 engine from someone back in May. I found the guy on eBay but didn't go through eBay to buy the engine. I paid via Paypal though.

I got the engine and fitted it to the car. It had an oil leak so I replaced the crankshaft oil seal.

Anyway, water is mixing fairly heavily with the oil. I've only had the car on the drive running for the odd 5 minutes. I've flushed the engine and refilled with fresh oil, but it still comes out a creamy colour.

I was given a 120 day warranty with the engine so I contacted the seller who agreed to send a replacement engine so I could take out the old one and fit the new one in the same, and then ship the old engine back to him.

The problem is I've been waiting 7 weeks for the replacement engine to arrive. I chase it up about once a week, and usually get told it'll be out the following week, but it usually isn't.

I'm stuck now, I don't know where to go from here. I obviously need the new engine, and I think I've been patient enough waiting this long.

I don't want to jump to conclusion and say I'm getting my pants pulled down, because the delays could be genuine. I just want to know how I should proceed from here.

Can anyone provide any advice?