theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 01-05-11, 08:03 AM   #21
tinyszs

tinyszs is on a distinguished road
Nice, looks even better in black. If it was mine I would put a 414 badge on the boot ;-) lol.
Old 04-05-11, 07:31 PM   #22
SSAuto
www.silverstormai.com

SSAuto is on a distinguished road
I have a 418SD badge for her.
SSAuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-11, 10:49 PM   #23
caled

caled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nice
Ah, forgot about this. Got your PM, but the pictures are still showing up as 800 x 600 resolution?
Old 05-05-11, 08:18 AM   #24
SSAuto
www.silverstormai.com

Must be an auto sizer on the forums then dude
Old 05-05-11, 09:38 AM   #25
caled

caled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nice
Ah, I think it might be a photobucket autoresizer when you upload.
If you're still interested, you can send it via email? I'll PM you my email addy.
Old 05-05-11, 02:08 PM   #26
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Maxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to all
Looks immense bud, and what a difference you have made under the bonnet already. It looks 100x better in there Look forward to seeing the progress on this beastie!
Old 04-06-11, 12:35 AM   #27
SSAuto
www.silverstormai.com

Hi folks,

Few updates.

Car has had a new genuine cambelt, pulley and spring fitted.

A full service including Millers oil, genuine filter and bung, NGK grade 8 colder plugs.

Ran it on the dyno but id set up the gizzmo very badly so it didnt do too well, at 10psi it made 246hp which iirc was about 215@wheels, it had terrible boost oscilation at the mid setting of 22psi and was fluctuating between 15 and 20, it made 292hp by 4900 and then the run was aborted due to the terrible boost control.

Although im happy with what it made considering id hampered it, i believe the car could easily do 370+ at the hig boost setting 27/28psi.

Dash has been removed and a zs one fitted, and alot of the wiring has been redone properly, solder/ heatshrink, sheathing etc. And also a new alpine headunit fitted.
Old 04-06-11, 12:51 AM   #28
Ritchy
technically an expertish

Ritchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to all
sounds great cant wait for more pic updates
Old 04-06-11, 12:58 AM   #29
SSAuto
www.silverstormai.com

Also junked the clifford and had a toad fitted.

Fitted some PLX gear, master module ecu with 60mm multi function screen.

Linked to a boost module , egt module and sensor and an inlet temp module and sensor.

Also got a couple of auto meter oil pressure and temp defi style gauges to replace the old ones int eh a pillar pod.

Done lots of rewiriing, redone the battery to boot with new terminals and dissy block, and 0 gauge stinger cabling.

Ordered ?70 worth of tidy up kit like heatshrink, sheat convoluted tubing, relays and relay blocks, and fuses and fuse blocks. Im really enjoying rewiring it alll neatly and OEM.

remember this engine bay , because its about to look even better!!

Oh and i junked the nitrous, adding more power to a car that spins up in 4th if youre not careful and 3rd if you are just seems madness to me.

Also got rid of these:

And fitted some new oem ones. Ive removed the 400 dash and centre console, and fitted it with a zs mk1 item. I have polished ally rings to go round the heater dials and instrument clusters, a carbon gearknob and carbon pedals.

Ive sourced some 420 bubble gearlinkages, and am hoping my good friend Phil will work his magic and create a short shift that isnt as ***** as the motobuild one, and a fiesta uj and the box end, along with some Silverstorm poly bushes for it, and a silverstorm shifter extension to bring the gearknob 5" closer to the steering wheel!

Ive also junked the Khan RSR wheels for some 17 x 7.5" BBS LM-R wheels. Fitted some oem ZS rear lights and removed the front light masks.

Pics to come when ive gotten a bit further on with it.

Trying to figure out what to do about seats, as the 400 uses different floorpan to the zs
Old 04-06-11, 02:02 AM   #30
Nor

Nor is a jewel in the roughNor is a jewel in the roughNor is a jewel in the rough
Love it.