theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Galleries > Members Cars

Old 15-09-13, 08:42 PM   #11
Skillen

Skillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the rough
Mines got insulation.

And it doesn't have a mark that I can see on mine.
Skillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-13, 08:43 PM   #12
andys1981

andys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by petet16 View Post
So does the mk2
exactly pete
andys1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-13, 09:05 PM   #13
Skillen

Skillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the rough

See no mark on mine. Just plenty of corrosion haha!
Skillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-13, 09:07 PM   #14
POMPSKI

POMPSKI is a jewel in the roughPOMPSKI is a jewel in the roughPOMPSKI is a jewel in the rough
Mine isnt marked either!
POMPSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-13, 09:18 PM   #15
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Maxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by andys1981 View Post
does look good, i would love to have a clean engine bay like that,has anybody else noticed this,see in the pics with the power steering pump,(i think)the top pipe next too the timing belt,the bonnet seems to rub on this part,thought it was just mines,its like the bonnets too low,is this just on mk2s,cant recall seeing this on mk1s

Aye Andy all of mine have had a bit of chafage there and further back and right too, usually easier spotted by the marks on the insulation

Lovely looking car there, a good start already getting it all cleaned up. Cleaning the engine bay has made a huge difference, handy having a ZS you can take all the better bits off and swap over

An Skillen am pretty near 100% it's not Goodwood as it is too dark so BRG would be correct. Looks real nice in the pics, still seems to have a fine shine which I'm sure will only get better now
Old 15-09-13, 09:50 PM   #16
MG ZS STE
Site Supporter

MG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really nice
Thanks for the comments guys, it is British racing green. The pearlescent one HFF, in the sun it has a kind of gold hue about it and looks very nice. It is a bit of a project though and will keep the thread updated as I make progress. Some bits to swop, some to get but I'm quite happy starting something new. I'd taken the PBT saloon as far as I could and have learned a lot along the way. Some things I would do differently and some things I wouldn't bother doing at all this time.

Sill torn on swapping my red painted calipers with xpower stickers and black alloys. I think it will make it look sportier but then I may just paint the old calipers titanium grey and keep the wheels sparkle silver?

I'm also in the middle of DRL'n a set of MK2 headlights that were ment to go on PBT. Halfway through baking one light but since the accident haven't touched it.
Old 26-02-14, 05:45 PM   #17
MG ZS STE
Site Supporter

MG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really nice
Little update, now fitted the discs and calipers from my old saloon and the red framed new black mesh.

Also fitted the rear tinted glass I acquired from my new forum bezzy mate. thanx bra

Also fitted but not documented, my old TF Mirror, TF steering wheel and leather handbrake lever. Flocked glovebox, VIS indicators, twin horn, gutted resonator box, rear headrests (Courtesy of Djules), new thermostat, new backbox, and a dozen+ other little jobs not worth a mention.
Old 26-02-14, 06:11 PM   #18
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Good work. Looks nice. I was a gnats dinky away from buying the green V8 with black alloys that was up for around £5K a while back - love the colour combo. I like that it doesn't have a spoiler too.

I've got some mesh to change mine over and want a Red border .... What did you do to get it if you don't mind ?
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-14, 09:30 PM   #19
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Maxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to all
Coming on a treat bud, looks great and like Dan I am interested in the red border on the mesh idea.
Maxfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-14, 09:42 PM   #20
MG ZS STE
Site Supporter

It's not difficult to do. I'd already cut the new mesh but it didn't look right somehow. I just used one of these to grind out the tack welds on the old mesh to free the frame.