theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 14-10-16, 08:32 PM   #1
Mark S

Mark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to all
Silverstone Race Circuit Sat 22nd Oct. 'The Birkett'

Sat 22nd Oct 2016 is the famous Birkett 6 hour relay race.

Similar to last year there will be a team of MG's entered under the team name Peter Best Insurance MG Cup.

There will again be 6 drivers in the team using just 4 cars.

Dan Ludlow MGZS - who was part of team Synchro which featured Matt Neal at guest driver at some race meetings, will be sharing the car of...
Peter Burchill MGZS - who most of you all know as one of the nicest guys in motorsport.
Howard Hunt MGZS - Grade S ards instructor and race coach for many championship winners, will be sharing the car of...
David xyz Smith - MGZS, David often does the long endurance races and will likely be on road tyres like many of the races he does insist on.
Paul Rigg - will be in his MGF or TF.
my humble self will be driving the RaceDNA MGZS this year rather than the much loved silver 1800vvc ZS that was used last year for the Birkett and British Heritage 4 hr races.

We will be in Garage 2b. (just remember shakespear!)

If anyone fancies coming along, I may be able to sort some tickets, tea and coffee will be on hand and if you like bring some food as we will have facilities to warm/cook but the races are usually a bit manic so we may not have time for hospitality like you'd expect at an F1 or BTCC meet, but you are all welcome.
Qualifying in the morning and the racing starts at 11.45am and finishes at 5.45pm.

We race on the Historic Silverstone circuit which is essentially the GP but with the faster flowing 'vale' corner.

70 teams will compete in this handicap race, and due to the unique nature of the handicap, anyone could win regardless of displacement, power or type of car.
Last year we finished 2nd in class!!! And had a feature in MG enthusiast magazine.

Peter Best Insurance are kindly sponsoring the photographer for us which is a nice little touch.

There will be 5 hours of ZS's in this race, hope to see some die-hard ZS lovers...
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-16, 08:44 PM   #2
Skillen

Skillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the rough
Would have come to something like this had I not been going the opposite direction in the country.
It's seems like the place to go to see some well driven ZS's and learn a hell of a lot at the same time!

Hope a few people go and watch.
Skillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-16, 10:16 AM   #3
daytona365

daytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the rough
DAMM my saturday in work....
Old 25-10-16, 05:14 PM   #4
ZS Phil

ZS Phil has a spectacular aura aboutZS Phil has a spectacular aura about
Was a good day, really enjoyed watching and chatting to the team.

Really got me fired up to start racing.
Old 25-10-16, 05:44 PM   #5
Mark S

Mark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to all
you should, you'll end up being hated by every trackday hero, but you soon realise non of them can drive, they just think they can!!!

they're are good bunch to race with.
Old 25-10-16, 05:59 PM   #6
ZS Phil

ZS Phil has a spectacular aura aboutZS Phil has a spectacular aura about
Well I've got all winter to get the car how I want it and get my licence sorted so really the only thing stopping me being on the grid next season will be myself. No excuses.
Old 25-10-16, 06:43 PM   #7
Mark S

the team 'peter best insurance - team mg' once again finished 2nd in class.

we were in the highest class, class D, for cars over 2ltr running slicks, even though only 2 drivers ran slicks.

we finished somewhere in the 30's on scratch and handicap at the end of the race, but considering there was 70teams on the grid and some pretty exotic machinery, it's not shabby for a bunch of aging rovers!!!

most impressive was our climb from 55th on handicap up to 20 by 4h30mins and a class lead of 4m30secs.
we finished within a minute of a class win, with hindsight and a few minor tweaks to our operation we perhaps could have made the win, but it wasn't to be. we'd all be smart arses with hindsight!!!

i'm sure howard has some ards course dates over xmas phil.
Old 25-10-16, 10:07 PM   #8
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Well done
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-16, 06:54 AM   #9
Lukeus101

Lukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to all
Well done matey

ZS Appreciation Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/475756782447499/

> ZR 105 (Broken) > MK2 ZS 180 (Sold) > MK1 ZS 180 (Sold) > ZR Replica (Dead) > MK1 ZS 180 (Broken)
Lukeus101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-16, 08:52 AM   #10
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
Congrats, glad to hear of a good result
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote