theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 20-04-11, 10:17 PM   #11
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
IIRC some flywheels are 2 gap and some are 4 gap, having the wrong one for the ECU would stop the engine from running.
Old 21-04-11, 08:38 PM   #12
adio

adio is on a distinguished road
Ok here goes as to what was done and why, Engine was replaced, rocker covers changed as replacement engine ones were different, also changed top half of sump, and sump as also different, original flywheel fitted. After car failed to start first time and investigating found that camshaft on from half of engine had been damaged due to previous person into engine did not use correct timing tools. Replaced camshaft and timed engine up. Again engine failed to start.

Carried out diagnostics using Rover T4 computer, i can access the BCU, but when i try to access the ECU the T4 diagnostics cant connect. Tried using Bosch KTS diagnostics, again failed to connect using the engine management option, I was able to get 1 fault code using the OBD option, Fault registered was the camshaft sensor was out of range.

New camshaft sensor tried and no success, Thinking it may be a wiring issue i also changed the engine bay wiring loom, still no joy. Also changed the ECU, BCU, along with keyfob required.

Again same issue. Again i cant access the engine ECU with the T4, I used the T4 to access the EKA and tried that thinking it may have something to do with that. Knew it would'nt work but was worth a try. Carried out System tests on the BCU and all seemed to work fine.

Ok so here is what i have found that seems strange other than not being able to access the ecu. Central locking no longer works, The small red light on the instrument cluster to let you know the alarm is on no longer lights up or does anything for that matter. The engine turns over but does not even offer, no spark, and its not injection fuel into the bores. When the ignition is turned on you hear the alarm bleeping away for a few secs then it goes off, or can be turned off using the key fob. You can hear the fuel pump run for a few secs the as it should it stops, just the norm really. although it still wont start.

Carried out visual inspection of wiring but nothing strange found. The car did run before engine was removed so cant understand whats happened now. Any help would be great.
adio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-11, 08:51 PM   #13
Ritchy
technically an expertish

Ritchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to all
what is the battery voltage at just now? are the engine earth cables on properly, also make sure the ecu connector is on correctly
Old 21-04-11, 09:15 PM   #14
adio

Battery is fully charged and also checked all the earth cables, removed and cleaned up cables onto g/box and also onto the body. Checked all fuses in engine bay and also inside the vehicle. running out of things to check, it may be something simple but finding it aint.
Old 21-04-11, 09:33 PM   #15
coreygraham180
Lean, Mean and Green

coreygraham180 will become famous soon enough
Is it maby just the immobiliser if the the central locking is not working it could it be the immobiliser not coming off if it makes the noise when u try and start it and could you not get it off the the code with the key in the barrel???

Quote:
Speeding has never killed anyone.........suddenly becoming stationary kills you.....Quickly
2010 Forza 3 OBTCC Table 2 Champion

Last edited by coreygraham180; 21-04-11 at 09:35 PM.
coreygraham180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-11, 09:58 PM   #16
adio

Hi as i said in previous post i used the T4 computer to get the EKA (Emergency Key Access) and tried this, still no joy. The alarm noise does switch off after a few secs and also if you use the key fob, although I do think it is something to do with the ECU and the BCU not talking to each other but unsure as to why.
Old 21-04-11, 10:06 PM   #17
coreygraham180
Lean, Mean and Green

coreygraham180 will become famous soon enough
Facepalm

Must have been the only paragraph that I didn't see

Quote:
Speeding has never killed anyone.........suddenly becoming stationary kills you.....Quickly
2010 Forza 3 OBTCC Table 2 Champion
coreygraham180 is offline   Reply With Quote