theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 20-04-11, 11:48 AM   #1
adio

adio is on a distinguished road
MG ZS 180 still having issues

Hello Peoples i have an mg zs 180 and i have had issues for a while having had my engine hydrolocked i have since replaced the engine and the wiring loom and still no start since then i have replaced the ecu bcu key fob etc all bought together and still no start and im now lost as to what to do if anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated as which direction to go

thanks adio
adio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-11, 12:43 PM   #2
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Could you not use the original set? What is happening? Does it turn over? does it try to fire? Is there a spark? Is there fuel pressure? Lots of questions and lots to tick off as you go to reduce the possiblities.
Old 20-04-11, 01:07 PM   #3
adio

thanks stamford ill pass that on to my mechanic and find out any neccassary information for ya
Old 20-04-11, 01:16 PM   #4
adio

hi stamford spoke to the mechanic he said it is ticking over but there is no spark there is pressure in the fuel he says that when he hooks up the rover t4 computer wont speak to the ems2000 so he is at a loss as what is going down any help on this would be greatly appreciated
Old 20-04-11, 02:54 PM   #5
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Do you mean ticking over or turning over? It can't tick over if there's no spark. I would suggest looking into the immobiliser circuit as that sounds the likely cause. Have you actually checked that the ecu/bcu and fobs are matched and synchronised? Sounds like you have a communication issue with the fob/immobiliser.
Old 20-04-11, 04:33 PM   #6
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
What engine did you replace the damaged one with??

If it was another 180 why change all the wiring Fobs etc. I don't know much about the electronics, but thought you could just unplug one 180 and bung another one in its place and replug it all.

Or would that not work, or have you put something else in???
Old 20-04-11, 05:28 PM   #7
Ritchy
technically an expertish

Ritchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to all
indeed that is the case peter, did i read you had a 190 engine? in which case believe the crank sensor differs on them and would stop it from sparking, if its turning over then the imobiliser is letting it work as when the imobiliser kicks in it will just give you the nee naw sound and not do anything, so id first be looking at the crank and cam sensors
Old 20-04-11, 05:57 PM   #8
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Cheers Ritchy.

Old 20-04-11, 06:32 PM   #9
adio

thanks ritchie that exactly what the computer is saying crank shaft sensor is not aligned correctly we put a new one in so maybe its the wrong one thats in it that might explain a lot
Old 20-04-11, 08:53 PM   #10
Ritchy
technically an expertish

Ritchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to all
take the one off the old engine, did you swap the flywheel over?