theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Galleries > Members Cars

Old 19-04-17, 05:48 PM   #91
mattie007

mattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nice
That's what I was thinking, just a shame as the family have been using them for 30 of years. Just feel a bit let down.
Time to enjoy the car now over the summer. Fingers crossed for the MOT in August!
Old 19-04-17, 07:42 PM   #92
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Great news! I still love that car! Looks stunning. As for the garage, let it go. You are happy now so why take a step back and get annoyed with them? They'll only make you feel worse with poor excuses etc. Sometimes these things happen with garages used for years, they grow old, get complacent and take on technicians with no savvy.
Old 19-04-17, 09:08 PM   #93
grimmy
its ginger its phenomenal

grimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud of
Happy days Matt.glad you stuck with it.enjoy it now.
Old 19-04-17, 09:31 PM   #94
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
If you've recently previously had good service, I'd be tempted to pop in and let them know what happened.
Old 19-04-17, 09:32 PM   #95
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
P.S. Pleased it is sorted.
Old 19-04-17, 10:54 PM   #96
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Maxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to all
Fantastic, glad to hear she is thinking sweetly again for you. The best thing is just not go back to them again and move on now. Now hope you get some pain free motoring and really get to enjoy her, looks great on your photos
Old 19-04-17, 10:56 PM   #97
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Maxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingcars View Post
If you've recently previously had good service, I'd be tempted to pop in and let them know what happened.
Although this does make sense and could be worth a polite word^^
Old 20-04-17, 05:39 PM   #98
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
TBH with the poor service you have received over the years from your long time garage, I'd just walk away, unless you wish to tell them why you are walking away.... (If they are friends rather than just a garage etc)

My folks had been using their local man for years, until it was proved that they failed to replace something that claimed they had changed - how do I know it wasn't changed - because it was filthy and covered in 20+years of crap when it failed and not shiny and new as I was billed for!

My dad then simply stated he wouldn't trust them for anything other than tyre changes, and that was that!
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-17, 02:02 PM   #99
mattie007

mattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nice
Thanks for the advice and comments chaps. I did call the garage back, suffice to say it didn't get me anywhere. However, I had to do it, it was just building up inside until I let them know. All done now though. There argument was that I've paid to have the leak stopped and pipe replaced, any other work would have been extra.
Since it's been fixed I've done about 200 miles of driving, mainly in lower gears listening to that exhaust popping haha!
Must the throttle cable replaced for the next job.