theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 18-05-11, 08:08 AM   #1
fastmike

fastmike is on a distinguished road
Well Impressed

Went to a village just south of Lincoln yesterday..... total mileage of 259 ... used 8.1 gallons of petrol..... went M25 , M11 then A1 to Peterborogh, then A15,
the A15 is a nice road , plenty of corners and stuff to overtake so wasnt hanging about.... works out at 31.97 to a gallon

The crazy bit is the 8.1 gallons of petrol cost me ?50
fastmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-11, 09:01 AM   #2
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
I hate watching the litres fall way behind the ?'s when filling up, depressing sight. However it's still refreshing to see a 180 return good mpg figures. Mine is doing very well, so much so I use it for work rather than the Discovery, it uses less fuel.
Old 18-05-11, 09:10 AM   #3
Huffy

Huffy is on a distinguished road
I've been on economy mode for the past month, every time i fill the car up, i have been making a note of the millage and then brimming it, I've had good weeks and bad weeks but on average i've been getting 51mpg, last saturday was a killer as my downpipe cracked and its lost its ability to get the high figures and dropped to 48mpg overall ( that trip of 420 miles maxed at 39mpg, but i was 3 up and had a camera kit and stuff) otherwise i'm pretty sure i would have reached the 55's

I've also come the the conclusion that shell V-Power is worth the extra 5ppl as my figures show that it adds as little as .2ppm when each mile is costing 12p the engine is far more responsive, and it seems more frugal under pressure!

MONTY

MK2 ZS160d+ SDi A Kind of Magic, Puff of smoke and I'm gone!

Engine - SDI, Kestrel Kevlar Clutch & Lightened Fly wheel, AAS De-Cat, Rover Ron MAf,
Cotton Green K4.80 Air filter, Roose Motorsport Turbo Pipes. Custom Stainless Turbo Outlet, AAS Full Stainless custom Exhaust!

Toyo Proxie t1R's, Front and Rear ZS 180 Brakes, Drilled & Grooved Disks, Mintex Pads. Moto-Build Springs

ICE - Sony BTX3600u Head, Bluetooth ODBII, Android Torque App. Forza USB!

30psi Boost Gague

MGZS TsDi :Smoke if you've got one!!!

157bhp / 242 ft/lb
Huffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-11, 09:43 AM   #4
fastmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffy View Post
I've been on economy mode for the past month, every time i fill the car up, i have been making a note of the millage and then brimming it, I've had good weeks and bad weeks but on average i've been getting 51mpg, last saturday was a killer as my downpipe cracked and its lost its ability to get the high figures and dropped to 48mpg overall ( that trip of 420 miles maxed at 39mpg, but i was 3 up and had a camera kit and stuff) otherwise i'm pretty sure i would have reached the 55's

I've also come the the conclusion that shell V-Power is worth the extra 5ppl as my figures show that it adds as little as .2ppm when each mile is costing 12p the engine is far more responsive, and it seems more frugal under pressure!
Yours is a diesel..... thats cheating lol ...... and I was clearing out any cobwebs that might have been present
Old 18-05-11, 11:21 AM   #5
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
It is interesting you say that Huffy RE the V-power.

over on .org quite a few of us did some similar long term tests and found it cost us MPG consistantly across the board.

BP ultimate on the other hand didn't.....

What we dicided on was thet most cost effective method was actually a dose of millers and 'brand name' fuel.... if you buy it in bulk on ebay or have a trade card, the cost per l quickly makes it cheaper than the ultimate style fuels...

all that said - the right foot is still the biggest factor in economy in the dervs...
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-11, 11:25 AM   #6
daytona365

daytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the rough
There are still plenty of good ZED roads.........And for that extra oomph I just put in octane booster from work. Makes the normal petrol from 95 up to 98.

Just off to give him a spin. Got the day off to do some painting, but needed an escape lol................
daytona365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-11, 11:51 AM   #7
Huffy

Huffy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastmike View Post
Yours is a diesel..... thats cheating lol ...... and I was clearing out any cobwebs that might have been present
Us Derv boys cant but help get in on MPG discussions...... its all just jolly good fun!

MONTY

MK2 ZS160d+ SDi A Kind of Magic, Puff of smoke and I'm gone!

Engine - SDI, Kestrel Kevlar Clutch & Lightened Fly wheel, AAS De-Cat, Rover Ron MAf,
Cotton Green K4.80 Air filter, Roose Motorsport Turbo Pipes. Custom Stainless Turbo Outlet, AAS Full Stainless custom Exhaust!

Toyo Proxie t1R's, Front and Rear ZS 180 Brakes, Drilled & Grooved Disks, Mintex Pads. Moto-Build Springs

ICE - Sony BTX3600u Head, Bluetooth ODBII, Android Torque App. Forza USB!

30psi Boost Gague

MGZS TsDi :Smoke if you've got one!!!

157bhp / 242 ft/lb
Huffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-11, 03:44 PM   #8
Squeaks

Squeaks will become famous soon enough
never mind Mike,

Just to winde you up.

?62 to fill the F up, 432miles at fast quick speeds from a 180bhp 1.8 lol
Old 18-05-11, 04:02 PM   #9
fastmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaks View Post
never mind Mike,

Just to winde you up.

?62 to fill the F up, 432miles at fast quick speeds from a 180bhp 1.8 lol
I,de still rather have the ZS matey , the way it was being driven I expected a much worse MPG figure
Old 18-05-11, 04:19 PM   #10
Squeaks

Squeaks will become famous soon enough
I still want that ZS back you know Lol