theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 19-05-11, 08:59 AM   #1
shcKr-

shcKr- is on a distinguished road
Another ZS bites the dust

On my way to work this morning the traffic was slowing on the dual carriageway, I probably slowed down to about 50-60mph, which then I looked in my rear view mirror to see a car going faster than I was and I couldn't see their number plate.. BANG!

Being aware that the ZS's rear end is made of toffee I knew straight away that it was a write off

I confirmed this when I got home, the damage is:
- Smashed bumper
- Dented bootlid
- Boot floor is creased around the spare wheel

Her insurance company were pretty spot on though, it took me 20mins to drive home and by that time they had already called. So called them back and they have given me an offer, but just need to look for my receipts as I just had a load of work done on the car.

Just a bit of advice as this is my first crash, I feel fine at the moment and said to her insurance that I think I was OK, but is it worth a trip to the doctors to get checked out? And what happens if I'm just kind of on adrenaline at the moment and I wake up with a stiff neck?

I'm not going to claim if I feel fine because that's not right, I know a lot of people would if they got hit from behind.
But I'm just worried that I feel OK now, but not sure what to do if I wake up feeling like crap because my body has relaxed etc.

Old 19-05-11, 09:07 AM   #2
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
Whiplash can be delayed apparently... when I had my crash it took a day before I realised how bad my neck hurt... unfortunetly for me it was my fault and other than a lampost noone else was involved!

I would go to the doctors and get a checkup done, to be on the safe side... the one thing you don't want to do is ignore health or potential health issues!

I also agree... only claim if you need to, I know other will dissagree with me there, but people claiming uneccessarily is one reason why insurance prices are so high!

And at least you are alive! Cars can be replaced... people cant!

As a side note, your insurance will jump up 20% for the next 3 years now... Apparently its to do with you being more likely to drive into the back of someone else now as you'll be constantly looking in your rear view mirror!!! (And yes you have to tell your insurance company about this accident)

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-11, 09:09 AM   #3
Squeaks

Squeaks will become famous soon enough
Sorry to hear about your crash,

Always best after any sort of crash to get yourself checked out, the Adrenalin could well be masking something especially after being rear ended, get yourself upto the doctors for a check over, you really don't want to miss something then have problems in the next few days/months/years.

Cars can be replaced, Humans can't is the saying.

I agree with ZS, only claim if you are hurt, so many people just claim anyways these days hence the insurance prices going up.
Old 19-05-11, 09:34 AM   #4
shcKr-

shcKr- is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZS View Post
Whiplash can be delayed apparently... when I had my crash it took a day before I realised how bad my neck hurt... unfortunetly for me it was my fault and other than a lampost noone else was involved!

I would go to the doctors and get a checkup done, to be on the safe side... the one thing you don't want to do is ignore health or potential health issues!

I also agree... only claim if you need to, I know other will dissagree with me there, but people claiming uneccessarily is one reason why insurance prices are so high!

And at least you are alive! Cars can be replaced... people cant!

As a side note, your insurance will jump up 20% for the next 3 years now... Apparently its to do with you being more likely to drive into the back of someone else now as you'll be constantly looking in your rear view mirror!!! (And yes you have to tell your insurance company about this accident)
Cheers for that mate, still a bit shaken up and forgot to ring my own insurance company.. DOH! All sorted now though
Old 19-05-11, 09:42 AM   #5
caled

caled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nice
Glad to hear you're ok, not so glad that some numpty went in to the back of you.

As the other guys said, get yourself up to your doctors and check your neck out - my brother had a very minor rear shunt a couple of years ago - just a couple of scratches on the bumper - and his neck was bad even from that, he ended up getting physio through his work.

Shame to see another ZS off the road.
Old 19-05-11, 10:02 AM   #6
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
What a bummer!!!

Glad your OK, I agree with the other guys, make sure you are OK.

Hope it all goes smoothly and don't forget to ask for a buy back price, if they do write it off.
Old 19-05-11, 11:41 AM   #7
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Shame but at least you feel OK. Get yourself to A and E to get checked out. As you say - loads of adrenaline pumping just now.

Don't take the first offer by the way.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-11, 11:50 AM   #8
gsinclairzs

gsinclairzs is on a distinguished road
Sorry to hear this mate. When I hit a wall in my coupe, I felt fine until about 5 days later when the pain really started. I used to think that whiplash was just a made-up injury, but its not!

2004 ZS120+
Lowered (30mm Moto-builds)
Fog Lamps
MK 1 Door cards
MK 1 Sill plates
Rear Headrests
180 Body-kit
11 Spokes
Extreme & Lip Spoilers
Drilled & Grooved Discs, Front & Rear
K&N Filter Panel
Lotus Cam Cover
Chrome Dial & Heater Rings

Last edited by gsinclairzs; 19-05-11 at 01:08 PM.
gsinclairzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-11, 12:15 PM   #9
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
Glad to hear yo uare ok - assuming dr's check sdoesn't spot anything - sad to hear of another ZS off the road tho

took me about 2 days for the brusies to come up after i stuck my car in the ditch - no whiplash tho thankfully... was a bit tender for a week or so.
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-11, 06:22 PM   #10
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Sorry to read this, hope you continue to be ok.