theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 25-05-11, 03:42 PM   #1
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
I hate slide pins!!

Feeling the pain grimmy faced the other day been wrestling with the slider pins on the bike today, they were seized solid, seems the last owner put new boot seals on but hadnt fitted them in the grooves

Pistons were just as bad but hooked them up to the cars system and managed to push them out as the cylinder on the bike wasnt having any of it!!

Fronts were a piece of cake to do its only the one pin on the rears thats sezied, brakes never seem straight forward!! Gonna have to get a blow torch on them although I cant find mine, prob lent it out

Also a hint foo people dont use copper grease on the slider pins, apparently it causes the seals to expand over time letting water in and then causeing a ball ache! Only say it as Ive always used copper grease but best stick to the proper stuff and use the yellow stuff or red rubber grease from now on.

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-11, 03:53 PM   #2
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Tried the oven, Jay!!!
Old 25-05-11, 03:59 PM   #3
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Not yet will have to wait for another day now as the misses will be back from work soon and its not worth getting caught with bike bits in the oven!!

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Old 25-05-11, 04:10 PM   #4
Bobdope2002
Senior Pant Sniffer

Bobdope2002 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-ZS+ View Post
Not yet will have to wait for another day now as the misses will be back from work soon and its not worth getting caught with bike bits in the oven!!
Bobdope2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-11, 04:25 PM   #5
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Plus if she finds out I know how to work the oven I may have to cook tea!! Dont fancy either!!

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Old 25-05-11, 04:33 PM   #6
Bobdope2002
Senior Pant Sniffer

Bobdope2002 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Plus if she finds out I know how to work the oven I may have to cook tea!! Dont fancy either!!
hahahaha
Bobdope2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-11, 05:36 PM   #7
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
The refurb kits supply a white silicone grease for the sliders, copper grease is a no no, myself I use the red rubber grease.

Oh and no don't get caught with car/bike bits in the oven or dishwasher, discovering you can work either will be a nuisance

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-11, 05:51 PM   #8
grimmy

brilliant almost a week to the day i fixed my brakes i get told i am using the wrong grease grrrrrrrrrrr
Old 25-05-11, 06:03 PM   #9
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Will be alright for a while takes a while for the copper grease to effect the seal. Ive always used it never knew any different till today!

How did you split yours in the end Grimmy?

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Old 25-05-11, 06:09 PM   #10
grimmy

Quote:
Will be alright for a while takes a while for the copper grease to effect the seal. Ive always used it never knew any different till today!

How did you split yours in the end Grimmy?
A friend of a friend had access to gas and a big blow torch as per your suggestion mate and freed it off for me had the ****** rebuilt and back on the road in half an hour after that lol.