Senior Pant Sniffer

Bobdope2002 is on a distinguished road
Run Out Of Fuel

Im sure ive run out of petrol but ill explain symptoms

Struggled to start
then once started it was hunting all over the place
managed get it into my garage at home and it died
now it starts runs for a few seconds and dies

dropped ?4.50 worth of fuel in and it still wont run whats the min to get one running if it is fuel??
Bobdope2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-11, 02:19 PM   #2
grimmy

it's F"?CKed
Old 26-05-11, 02:21 PM   #3
Bobdope2002
Senior Pant Sniffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimmy View Post
it's F"?CKed
haha

Touche
Old 26-05-11, 02:37 PM   #4
grimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdope2002 View Post
haha

Touche
Couldn't resist. has it maybe drew crap into the filter hear about that quite often
Old 26-05-11, 02:42 PM   #5
Bobdope2002
Senior Pant Sniffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimmy View Post
Couldn't resist. has it maybe drew crap into the filter hear about that quite often
TBH its done it a few times where its taken a few turns to get it going im hoping its just fuel TBH as ive only filled it 2-3 times with petrol since ive had it and with using LPG its never been on the top of my list

ive read on here it takes like ?20-30 get em going again
Old 26-05-11, 02:50 PM   #6
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
I can't see where it needs so much fuel to get it going? I've ran mine so close to the limit on so many occassions, well past the light coming on and near on 30 miles in! Still started! Maybe my tank sensor is not calibrated and there's more juice in there then I think there is?

Do the LPG set-ups only start using petrol then switchover to gas once it is running? Is this automatic? Just wondering if there is a solenoid not actuating causing it to start in gas mode? What set-up do you have on your zed as I am not familiar with LPG systems as a whole?
Old 26-05-11, 02:54 PM   #7
Bobdope2002
Senior Pant Sniffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
I can't see where it needs so much fuel to get it going? I've ran mine so close to the limit on so many occassions, well past the light coming on and near on 30 miles in! Still started! Maybe my tank sensor is not calibrated and there's more juice in there then I think there is?

Do the LPG set-ups only start using petrol then switchover to gas once it is running? Is this automatic? Just wondering if there is a solenoid not actuating causing it to start in gas mode? What set-up do you have on your zed as I am not familiar with LPG systems as a whole?
it starts on petrol once it hits a set temperture then the gas kicks in automatically

cant see it being a problem with the kit if it is im screwed the company is based in wales and im pretty sure it wanna be covered under warranty because its changed owners

ive read on here many a time that theyre 180s once out of fuel take loads get them going again
Old 26-05-11, 03:00 PM   #8
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Running out of fuel isn't the end of the world unless your tank is full of crap. I cannot see why they are problematic as once the fuel has been scavenged it will pressurize quickly. The only bitch I have come across has been my own TD5 Land Rover, that is a cow to prime and get going again!
Old 26-05-11, 03:06 PM   #9
Bobdope2002
Senior Pant Sniffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
Running out of fuel isn't the end of the world unless your tank is full of crap. I cannot see why they are problematic as once the fuel has been scavenged it will pressurize quickly. The only bitch I have come across has been my own TD5 Land Rover, that is a cow to prime and get going again!
just getting it to the petrol station is the problem my neighbour has one of those massive jerry cans i might have to borrow it off him for an hour

hope and prey that gets it going again and get the fuel filter changed at another time
Old 26-05-11, 03:07 PM   #10
stamford
Site Owner

Just make sure the neck of the jerry can fits the fuel filler Otherwise make sure you have a funnel with a long neck!