theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 17-05-13, 01:04 PM   #11
chris01

chris01 is on a distinguished road
a 4" inch cat back system has given a lovely sound to mine sounds excellent under acceleration and not loud at all when just cruising, that and a viper pipercross induction kit, sound awesome together and have given my car an extra 10bhp love the way it pops and crackles aswell
chris01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-13, 01:11 PM   #12
OllieZS

OllieZS is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by petet16 View Post
Thanks Pete!
OllieZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-13, 01:16 PM   #13
Craig-ZS180

Craig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by petet16 View Post

I agree with Pete, if you have the money to put into the car the same setup as Ollie's would be sweet. His car sounds awesome, I've only ever heard it from online videos but when compared to how mine sounds online and then in reality his must be so very sweet in person.

My setup is far far cheaper but does sound good for the costs.
Old 17-05-13, 01:25 PM   #14
sambomonkee

sambomonkee will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig-ZS180 View Post
I agree with Pete, if you have the money to put into the car the same setup as Ollie's would be sweet. His car sounds awesome, I've only ever heard it from online videos but when compared to how mine sounds online and then in reality his must be so very sweet in person.

My setup is far far cheaper but does sound good for the costs.
It would be cool if you can let me know where you got all the piping from, did you have to bend it yourself, or just by it component form?
sambomonkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-13, 01:36 PM   #15
Craig-ZS180

Craig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by sambomonkee View Post
It would be cool if you can let me know where you got all the piping from, did you have to bend it yourself, or just by it component form?
That's not a problem at all, I would gladly do it for you but it was all prefabricated parts I used so its really just a case of buy them and put it together so it really wasn't too difficult. If I'd actually done the pipe work myself I'd have been much more chuffed about it but I don't have the gear to bend pipe work like that and if I did I'm sure it'd never be as good.
I think I've found the links to various different bits now so once back at the computer or rather when the mrs gets back home with it I will put all the links up I can to help you out.
Can then choose whether our rather go the alloy way or the silicone way.
Would you rather a list on this link or via a pm?
Old 17-05-13, 01:39 PM   #16
sambomonkee

sambomonkee will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig-ZS180 View Post
That's not a problem at all, I would gladly do it for you but it was all prefabricated parts I used so its really just a case of buy them and put it together so it really wasn't too difficult. If I'd actually done the pipe work myself I'd have been much more chuffed about it but I don't have the gear to bend pipe work like that and if I did I'm sure it'd never be as good.
I think I've found the links to various different bits now so once back at the computer or rather when the mrs gets back home with it I will put all the links up I can to help you out.
Can then choose whether our rather go the alloy way or the silicone way.
Would you rather a list on this link or via a pm?
List might be good for people in the future, but its up to you if some of it is private links etc.
sambomonkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-13, 02:24 PM   #17
Mark S

Mark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris01 View Post
a 4" inch cat back system has given a lovely sound to mine sounds excellent under acceleration and not loud at all when just cruising, that and a viper pipercross induction kit, sound awesome together and have given my car an extra 10bhp love the way it pops and crackles aswell
4" cat back - are you sure its not just a 4" tailpipe, as in 4" back-box-back?
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-13, 02:37 PM   #18
chris01

chris01 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S View Post
4" cat back - are you sure its not just a 4" tailpipe, as in 4" back-box-back?
you know what i meant lol, its a 3inch cat back with a 4inch back box
chris01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-13, 02:59 PM   #19
Craig-ZS180

Right, well here it goes with the list. Main thing I was telling myself was I needed to keep the main hoses 76mm internal diameter and the breather hose 19mm internal.

With all the extra bits of pipe work along side of the kit you may think why but that when you only use 2 or 3 pipes as a max but when you compare the cost if the kit against buying more of the 90 degree pipes seperately it actually becomes cheaper this way.
Again its only a guide as its what I used.
The silicone pipes again which ever colour you decide to go for can be selected before the buy now option and I believe three of the bits are from the same supplier so would get in one hit.

Hope its of some help to you.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1608145456...84.m1423.l2649

x 1 of the above

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3106673401...84.m1423.l2649

X 1 of the above

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2708657138...84.m1423.l2649

X 1 of the above

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2906404308...84.m1423.l2649

x 4 of the above

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2907422989...84.m1423.l2649

x 1 of the above

Then you would just need to choose a filter you want for it along with some larger hose clips or equivalent. My most expensive part as went as big as possible on the itg one that would fit. Filter as with all this kit is just a guide but I can say im very pleased with how it works for me.

then you should have something that looks like my setup.

Old 17-05-13, 03:11 PM   #20
R8NMG

R8NMG will become famous soon enough
Accentuating the V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambomonkee View Post
I have a jan speed back box which is nice, not too loud, but I would to bring the V6 noise out more.
I have a Janspeed backbox and when I changed my centre section from OE to Janspeed it made a noticeable difference to the sound. All very positive.
R8NMG is offline   Reply With Quote