theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Galleries > Members Cars

Old 08-10-14, 07:53 AM   #1
Craig-ZS180

Craig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the rough
Been a while again.

Hello all, hope all are well and still having fun??
It's been a while since I've been on here properly after selling the ZS, still miss the car but I knew I would.
Things yet again are on the change for me, the 6 will be going soon after some appalling service from Mg themselves I just can't be bothered with the new cars now so that's ok it's way out and I'm replacing it with something totally different once it sells.
Will state, nothing wrong with the car at all drives great and does everything you want it to very well, just Mg (at least my local ish depot) are a bunch of ***** let you fill in the blanks but I've just had enough of them for now so am going to go get something I've wanted for a fair few years now.

Anyway, another waffle out the way there but I am now in possession of a "work runabout" a family owned from new 1 owner 98 Rover 400 hatch 1.4le in white!
Not actually that bad in all honesty and with only just turned 51k on the clock I cannot complain as it's just a work horse really.
Saying that, as most on here know although it is a work car it is in need of some minor adjustments as at present it does look "classic rover" in my eyes lol.

If anyone knows of any or looks to possibly sell the cheaper civic coilovers that some were looking to fit to the ZS a while back then I may be interested as with the 1.4 I know they will work well and barring the rear bolt diameter fit straight on. So if anyone does know or is looking to sell please feel free to get in touch

Then it'll probably get some 14 or 15" banded steels so just low and subtle.

I only have one pic at present but here she is in all her current glory

Old 08-10-14, 07:54 AM   #2
Craig-ZS180

Craig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the rough
Also was told a few weeks back now the new owner of my zed has crumpled the front end in, can't find the pic he sent me but it was really quite gutting to see her looking so sorry for herself
Old 08-10-14, 08:30 AM   #3
Malteser

Malteser is on a distinguished road
Welcome to the 400 club!
Malteser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-14, 08:39 AM   #4
Craig-ZS180

Cheers buddy, not a bad car really and for 16 years old drives absolutely bang on.
Been offered some 135 cams to go in it so am just looking into if it's worth doing it or not. But really just want to lower it a little and some wife wheels and leave it so it's still useable for the daily 50 mile commute.
Needs tidying inside but orherwise a smart littl car really
Old 08-10-14, 09:03 AM   #5
andys1981

andys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the rough
howdy craig,sorry to hear about your local garage,and indeed the zs,horrible news,is it a goner then,me myself have been thinking about getting something else,as the paint on the boot and both bumpers have bad laquer peel,still need to address problem with the gearbox,but better the devil you know,so its booked in to get the paint sorted,so hopefully,it grabs my attention again,thats a clean low mileage 400,likeing that,hope ye can get it lowered etc,would love to lower mine,but theres nothing really out there.
andys1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-14, 09:05 AM   #6
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Shame the service is so poor from MG!!! Not the first person to complain about it.

Does make you wonder about their commitment to the MG brand.

Car looks good.

Old 08-10-14, 09:08 AM   #7
MG.DAN

MG.DAN is on a distinguished road
I think half of your eBay views on the 6 must be me! Would love it but can't afford it very surprised it hasn't sold yet! Still got the goodies on it?
400 looks tidy!
MG.DAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-14, 09:17 AM   #8
Lukeus101

Lukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to all
Craigggggggg! Welcome back mate! Hope all goes well with the 400

ZS Appreciation Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/475756782447499/

> ZR 105 (Broken) > MK2 ZS 180 (Sold) > MK1 ZS 180 (Sold) > ZR Replica (Dead) > MK1 ZS 180 (Broken)
Lukeus101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-14, 09:26 AM   #9
Craig-ZS180

Quote:
Originally Posted by andys1981 View Post
howdy craig,sorry to hear about your local garage,and indeed the zs,horrible news,is it a goner then,me myself have been thinking about getting something else,as the paint on the boot and both bumpers have bad laquer peel,still need to address problem with the gearbox,but better the devil you know,so its booked in to get the paint sorted,so hopefully,it grabs my attention again,thats a clean low mileage 400,likeing that,hope ye can get it lowered etc,would love to lower mine,but theres nothing really out there.
Hey Andy, I know what you mean ref the devil you know. I think in hindsight I should've kept mine as the work run about and then got something different for the family fun car.
Yeah the sales side was great but the aftersales care was truly appalling and they don't really care if you don't fit in to thier way of thinking.
Still, just means they won't be getting more of my money spent in the franchise.
Yes mate, low miles with fsh to go with it, my nans from new and passed down to me
It'll get there but will only be subtle bits for this one as getting fed up blowing money on things where it's not needed. It'll never be fast but can make it look smarter for hopefully little money

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterzs View Post
Shame the service is so poor from MG!!! Not the first person to complain about it.

Does make you wonder about their commitment to the MG brand.

Car looks good.

No Pete, definitely not the first and it's the same branch causing the issues. Shame really as that sort of service won't push them forward.

Cheers mate, hopefully will stay lookin smart too

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG.DAN View Post
I think half of your eBay views on the 6 must be me! Would love it but can't afford it very surprised it hasn't sold yet! Still got the goodies on it?
400 looks tidy!
Ah I see, it is a lovely car and would otherwise keep it but after having a couple of drives in my mates car, it's made me want one more than I originally did before. I want something that has more power on offer and is loud and lairy so that's why I'm looking to change.
Now got the 400 for the mundane and dirty stuff so the other car doesn't always have to be quite so practical.. Which is nice

I've taken some of the additions off in all honesty, trying to open up the interest to more parties.
Keep having someone offer £6k for it but I've had other interest and unfortunately if rather keep it than sell that cheap. I won't be sad if I have to keep it as it is a bloody good car but if rather have the STI if I can sell the 6.
I thought it may have gone by now for the money it's at, most people are messers though so just have to wait.
It's a shame that they are a very unique car but I knew that when I bought it so we shall see.

Cheers, it is ok for what it is
Old 08-10-14, 09:27 AM   #10
Craig-ZS180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeus101 View Post
Craigggggggg! Welcome back mate! Hope all goes well with the 400
Cheers Luke hows things with you mate, all going well?
Hopefully it'll go smoothly lol