theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 07-07-13, 06:06 PM   #61
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
I think the M10 fine bolts may be a bit of a Japanese thing, it's commonly found on Jap bikes, I'd planned to measure the bolt length's needed and source some M10x1.25, you'd very likely get away with running an M10x1.5 tap through them, the only drawback with opening them to 10.5 and using a nut and bolt is the possibility of the holes wearing.

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-13, 07:48 PM   #62
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Yes good point as it is under tension and may well 'ovalise' over time. No rush, I'll check the fixing supplier when back at work and see if they do any.
Old 07-07-13, 09:09 PM   #63
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
I recently bought a new jack to replace the one I've had for 26 years, it was the same make and 4p cheaper!
Old 08-07-13, 08:57 AM   #64
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
M10x1.25-50lg bolts sourced and bought, so no mods required. Will have a couple spare.
Old 08-07-13, 09:44 AM   #65
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
M10x1.25-50lg bolts sourced and bought, so no mods required. Will have a couple spare.
I'll buy the spares.

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-13, 11:35 AM   #66
stamford
Site Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by petet16 View Post
I'll buy the spares.
Old 10-07-13, 07:13 AM   #67
stamford
Site Owner

Last night cleaned the front calipers and carriers and started to paint them. Got a few more coats to do until they look decent enough.

Rear ARB polybushes ordered.
Old 10-07-13, 07:25 PM   #68
stamford
Site Owner

ARB bolts arrived today-however they were screws not bolts. Supplier sending the correct ones tomorrow.

Gave the front calipers and carriers another coat of paint.

Started to paint the ARB and drop links.
Old 12-07-13, 09:21 PM   #69
stamford
Site Owner

• More painting tonight. Front calipers another coat, plus some on the rears.
  • Polybushes arrived, thanks Drew.
  • Replacement ARB to LCA bolts arrived today.
Question regarding the HEL braided front hoses, as I have AVOs I seem to be lacking hose mounts. Has anyone fitted these? If so there is one plastic fitting on the hose itself, does this attach to the OE leg bracket somewhere. The AVOs do not have any brackets and the leg brackets are built into the OE hose assembly. Looks like I need to make a bracket up to support the hose and keep it safe.
Old 12-07-13, 09:37 PM   #70
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
I had to get hose mounts for my goodridge hoses, they were listed as civic items.

I can't find the page but here's their home page.
You'll need to order 2 as they come in singles.

http://goodridge.brakes-hoses-fittings.co.uk/