AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 05-01-10, 09:15 PM   #21
skyblueads

skyblueads is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
Personally ... I am happy to trade with established forum members.
Yeah, I would buy from people who've been on here long-term. Just really annoyed that I got caught. I've spoken to a solicitor friend and it's more hassle than it's worth really and nobody seems near enough, or interested enough to go round there.

Just go to let it go I guess. The main thing for me was to warn as many people as possible.

1973 MG BGT
2005 MG ZS 120+
skyblueads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-10, 09:22 PM   #22
RudeDogg1

RudeDogg1 is on a distinguished road
that sucks man hope the bloke gets a good beating

Nice alloys
RudeDogg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-10, 09:56 PM   #23
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblueads View Post
Yeah, I would buy from people who've been on here long-term. Just really annoyed that I got caught. I've spoken to a solicitor friend and it's more hassle than it's worth really and nobody seems near enough, or interested enough to go round there.

Just go to let it go I guess. The main thing for me was to warn as many people as possible.
It's not a common law or suing issue. It's theft. That's a crime. Police deal with crime.

All that needs to be done is report it to your local police station, that could be whatever force. They may then make contact with the other force, Surrey to carry out investigations on their behalf.

Your call, but it's like everything these days ... people can't be bothered, so nothing gets done and the criminals keep going, and people continue to get hurt or ripped off.

Last edited by Dan1971; 06-01-10 at 08:15 PM.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-10, 06:32 PM   #24
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
I also got caught out by this guy, and while it's annoying, in 6/7 years of buying and selling odds and ends on Rover and MG forums this is the first time anything like this has happened.

As to paying a visit, I would drive all the way from South Wales to Surrey, but we also have a landline number for him which is disconnected, so it makes me wonder if the address is actually his, and wether he would be there.

Interesting info about reporting it to the local police, if I reported this to South Wales police would they persue it, or just give me a crime number and file it.

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-10, 06:37 PM   #25
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by petet16 View Post
I also got caught out by this guy, and while it's annoying, in 6/7 years of buying and selling odds and ends on Rover and MG forums this is the first time anything like this has happened.

As to paying a visit, I would drive all the way from South Wales to Surrey, but we also have a landline number for him which is disconnected, so it makes me wonder if the address is actually his, and wether he would be there.

Interesting info about reporting it to the local police, if I reported this to South Wales police would they persue it, or just give me a crime number and file it.
They'd give you a crime number, and are duty bound to investigate. They would probably forward details to Surrey, for them to do the visit etc. The best way to take it forward would be for one "victim" to collate the details and then present the offences to one force. They lead on the investigation with multiple victims, rather than multiple forces doing their bits seperately.

Surely someone from Surrey could report it and that force keep everything to themselves....
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-10, 07:26 PM   #26
jamiehunn

jamiehunn is on a distinguished road
Good job you started a thread about this!I was going to email him about a few bits!Somebody has to report him because you dont know who else he has ripped off!
jamiehunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-10, 07:41 PM   #27
Smokey
The Alan Gow of OBTCC

Smokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to behold
I'd listen to Dan if I were you guys, that is perfect advise. Would prevent the guy repeating this somewhere else.

2009 Forza 2 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC 2nd Place Runner-up
2009/2010 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Clio Cup 4th Place
2010 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/F500 Cup 2nd Place Runner-up
2011 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Driver's Championship 3rd Place
2012 Forza 4 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Driver's Championship 1st Place Winner
2012/2013 Forza 4 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/DTM Championship 3rd Place
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-10, 04:14 PM   #28
BUCKYDEVIL

BUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud of
Cant we start a section with people who have bought and sold good's with no problems so we know who the trusted sellers are as Ive had no problems buying from some people through this site
BUCKYDEVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-10, 04:24 PM   #29
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUCKYDEVIL View Post
Cant we start a section with people who have bought and sold good's with no problems so we know who the trusted sellers are as Ive had no problems buying from some people through this site
Thats not a bad shout, think on rovertech they have a feedback part with vouch threads. Put it forward to those that rule.

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-10, 12:01 AM   #30
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
have to say i have bought almost all my mods through the forums and never had any problems yet.... and i got a fair list of things
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote