theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 04-10-13, 08:14 PM   #21
Craig-ZS180

Craig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
Wouldn't do any harm going on the rollers mate and if you do decide to sell, could be considered a good thing to have a proven dyno read out to demonstrate that the motors etc are all in good order. Tx Autosport in Harlow - £40 - maybe we could get that figure down if a few people were up for it - it's been muted.

Yes I remember that thread now, yep £40 is much more reasonable even with driving there its still cheaper than my local one. I may have to get in touch with them to see when I can get booked in as am keen to see what's goin on under the hood
Old 04-10-13, 08:34 PM   #22
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig-ZS180 View Post
.............. as am keen to see what's goin on under the hood
Old 04-10-13, 08:38 PM   #23
Craig-ZS180

Craig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the rough
Haha, love it.
Old 05-10-13, 08:03 AM   #24
B8sy

B8sy is on a distinguished road
Hi Craig, I once made the move from a honda s2000 to a diesel Audi a3 (s2000 write off unfortunately and needed cheap to insure car). Even though the short but punchy rev range was great for a few of my favourite bends in the Lake District overall I got bored after about 6 months as I was fed up of changing gear every time you get going. There is a line where gear changing is excessive and every diesel I have driven has crossed that line! I sold the a3 after 12 months and went for BMW 325 and never looked back.

Having said that if I only ever drove motorways I would get a diesel, otherwise it's no content in my personal opinion.

Car 1 - 2003 MG ZS 2.5 180, Pro Speed Induction, Pro Speed Exhaust, 194 BHP.
Car 2 - 2007 Ford Fiesta St 2.0ltr, scorpion exhaust, 150 BHP.
B8sy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-13, 11:04 AM   #25
ian zs180

ian zs180 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
Diesels are all about the miles you do and your finances.

If you need to cut costs - get one. If not - there is no way in hell that it will be a better place to be than a 180. I don't care what you say about performance. A standard 180 - is faster than a 160 tuned diesel.

My diesel was tuned to 151 and rr'd at that figure. It went well, but every morning the clatter was crazy - every time you stopped at a set of lights or give way, the clatter was crazy - every time I booted it .... blah blah - you get the idea.

And Dave - I said this before when you made a comparison either here or on another site - you drove a dog mate. Mine goes like the clappers, been RRd at 184 the other week and if you'd like to have a drive, you'd be more than welcome - or even Pompski's well sorted example with a few breathing mods meaning that if his vis motors are OK his should be making even more.

But - when I'm stationary, I can't hear the engine, and when I do put my foot down, it's beautiful.

Craig - if you need some cheap transportation - get one. If not - don't bother. It'll never be the same.
That's well put that dan I,ve gotta say I couldn't bring myself to have a diesel over the 180 for all the reasons you have said there
ian zs180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-13, 02:41 PM   #26
redzed

redzed has a spectacular aura aboutredzed has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig-ZS180 View Post
184 is brilliant, even with the mods on mine if be surprised if its that good, would like it to be but don't know. Saying that though last weekend I was out with my mate who's got the Cupra R I mentioned in previous posts, it is very quick and drives so nicely with 274hp but on sat night we were being enthusiastic and he couldn't shake the zed, not in the way he should've anyway as was only just half a cars length by the time I was into 4th gear.
The old girl did do well being he has possibly an extra 100 under the bonnet.
did the same with a friends cupra r last weekend too, and he couldnt keep up with me. most probably had a crap rolling road tell him his 220bhp was 270 (very common) also its quite a bit heavier car. zs's are so underrated. Not had any of my friends "quicker cars" show my zeds up yet.
Old 05-10-13, 06:23 PM   #27
Craig-ZS180

Quote:
Originally Posted by redzed View Post
did the same with a friends cupra r last weekend too, and he couldnt keep up with me. most probably had a crap rolling road tell him his 220bhp was 270 (very common) also its quite a bit heavier car. zs's are so underrated. Not had any of my friends "quicker cars" show my zeds up yet.
Well his was done at AMD in lakeside, I don't think they're too bad with their figures and you usually get what they say. Wasn't a cheap "back street" remap. I know the zs is underrated, most knock it until they've either been in it or been surprised how it either keeps with them or makes them struggle to keep up. I was a little shocked as I had loads of bits in the car at the time too, all the kids bits, buggy, car seats and then 2 subs so not exactly running light but he was rather upset that I managed to keep with him.
He had to change gear twice to my one change though so shows how different the gearing is between the two

Either way, good result.
Old 05-10-13, 06:32 PM   #28
POMPSKI

POMPSKI is a jewel in the roughPOMPSKI is a jewel in the roughPOMPSKI is a jewel in the rough
Smooth power delivery makes it appear slower than it is, especially with all the new engines being Turbo's. N/A is pretty much a thing of the past now, and I love it.
POMPSKI is offline   Reply With Quote