theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 14-04-15, 09:58 PM   #11
Mark S

Mark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marky Marc 68 View Post
Nice setup for your brakes, looking at getting my ZS on track this year as a novice, going for oe discs, and yellow stuff pads
good stuff, trackdays or full on racing?
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-15, 05:40 PM   #12
Marky Marc 68

Marky Marc 68 is on a distinguished road
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S View Post
good stuff, trackdays or full on racing?
Just trackdays to be honest, never done it before,sure I will take it easy to start with....
Marky Marc 68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-15, 10:15 PM   #13
Mark S

Mark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to all
Quote:
Just trackdays to be honest, never done it before,sure I will take it easy to start with....
post up some more info, like where you are based, the car etc...
Old 16-04-15, 07:23 AM   #14
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Drove it into work this morning, got to make sure it was okay before 2.5hrs to PoL! So an hours drive in wasn't bad just noisy. I just hope the new seat doesn't make my back ache. Missing the stereo but earphones are okay for short stuff and maybe headphones for the longer trips to drown out the cabin noise. Grinning like a daft thing when I opened it up, it still has it
Old 16-04-15, 07:55 AM   #15
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
They're addictive things, I couldn't resist some boost after yesterdays mot pass.

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-15, 05:37 PM   #16
Marky Marc 68

Smile

Quote:
post up some more info, like where you are based, the car etc...
I am based in Yeovil, Somerset. Used to live in Kent, still have friends there, looking at doing a trackday at Brands Hatch with my good friend JimmyCoupe

I bought his Starlight Silver mk2 180 last year, she needs new brakes, new brake fluid, maybe braided hoses if I can stretch to it. The car has a quaife fitted so the track is an ideal place to really try it out.....
Old 16-04-15, 05:40 PM   #17
Marky Marc 68

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
Drove it into work this morning, got to make sure it was okay before 2.5hrs to PoL! So an hours drive in wasn't bad just noisy. I just hope the new seat doesn't make my back ache. Missing the stereo but earphones are okay for short stuff and maybe headphones for the longer trips to drown out the cabin noise. Grinning like a daft thing when I opened it up, it still has it
Glad you enjoyed yourself, there is just something about these cars that just makes you smile every time you drive
Old 16-04-15, 06:14 PM   #18
dsirrom

dsirrom is on a distinguished road
Glad the brakes are working well - enjoy!
dsirrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-15, 10:27 PM   #19
Mark S

Quote:
I am based in Yeovil, Somerset. Used to live in Kent, still have friends there, looking at doing a trackday at Brands Hatch with my good friend JimmyCoupe

I bought his Starlight Silver mk2 180 last year, she needs new brakes, new brake fluid, maybe braided hoses if I can stretch to it. The car has a quaife fitted so the track is an ideal place to really try it out.....
they are great cars on the circuit and if driven well, can embarrass more exotic cars!

The quaife will be OK, being a helical diff it can still go 'open', but will be a nice touch.

its all in the pads, well worth spending a few quid in the right place
Old 17-04-15, 06:34 PM   #20
Marky Marc 68

Smile

Quote:
they are great cars on the circuit and if driven well, can embarrass more exotic cars!

The quaife will be OK, being a helical diff it can still go 'open', but will be a nice touch.

its all in the pads, well worth spending a few quid in the right place
Thanks for the advice, will be taking it easy to begin with.

Looking at yellow stuff pads, and oe discs