Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Galleries > Members Cars

Old 10-10-09, 05:07 PM   #1
David

David is on a distinguished road
New ZS! (Edited with photo whoreage)

Now joined the ZS group myself

My miss's has a Trophy Blue MK1 120

I've just swapped my 03 plate ZR Turbo petrol for an 05 Plate Ignition blue MK2 Diesel +

I'm not 110% i've made the right decision as theirs a few niggles annoying me but the deal is done and i'm home in my new car.

First mod i've done is remove all the excess badges and removed the MGZS brake light sticker. I've fitted my stereo (which was a RIGHT ball ache, theirs NO room behind the head unit at all!) really not looking forward to fitting an amp wiring kit (if i even bother) as i've got a Pioneer 200W flat subwoofer

I drove 3hrs back from picking her up so she's desperate for a wash and polish before i whip out my camera and take a few snaps

The alloys aren't in the best of states so i'm either going to go down the DIY repair route or get them sandblasted and powdercoated

Last edited by David; 11-10-09 at 04:46 PM.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-09, 05:14 PM   #2
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Well .... Not exactly the sort of first post as an owner I was expecting. Never a good thing if you buy something and then regret it before you get home !

Hopefully she'll grow on you ... if not ... having tagged along behind Pete's yellow peril diesel at Brands a few weeks ago, I could be persuaded into a diesel at some stage.

Looking forward to the pics.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-09, 05:18 PM   #3
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Try getting a hacksaw blade to the plastic at the back of the headunit housing will help to free up some space but will still be close on wires,

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-09, 05:19 PM   #4
will-w

will-w is on a distinguished road
The diesel can be a frugal thing providing it's running right... Give it a good service with good oils etc, and make sure the MAF is functioning properly and you'll be fine!

I miss the 220bhp of my last car, but when I do double the mileage on the same amount of diesel it doesn't seem too bad (used to get 90 miles to £20, now get 110 to £10)!

Derv power baby!

will-w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-09, 05:24 PM   #5
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Welcome to being a fully fleged member..........

What are the niggles?

There are several threads on how to get around the stereo space problem.
Old 10-10-09, 05:47 PM   #6
David

Drivers door handles a bit loose
exhaust chav loud (has straight through with a single tiny backbox)
excess badges and brake light sticker (sorted and removed )
lack of decent mats (genuine MG ones are impossible to find)
EGR valve intermitent problem (i think, runs a little lumpy every now and then, it defo seems to be the result of the little electronic device on bulkhead which has two vac pipes on it)
Wheels battered and bruised
Only one fob, spare key is a standard item not original MG item (just bought blank key, gunna buy a new fob to get programmed)

Other than that sweet as a nut got some spare cash from performance bits i sold that i never fitted to my tubby so this will all be sorted by end of the week. It may have sounded a little misleading i'm no way disappointed I just strive to perfection, and missing my ZR a little

It's dark now think i'll go make love to my zs

Tomorrow will be my bragging posts once i've gave it a once over

Last edited by David; 10-10-09 at 05:51 PM.
Old 10-10-09, 05:52 PM   #7
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Door handle is a fairly common issue fitting a scrappy one should help, the threads on the handle itself where it bolts up seem to wear or snap, replace a few on the misses 400
Belive blanking the EGR is the way to go but best talk to peterzs or pete with the grey derv cant remeber his username are the best people to talk to, But doesnt sound as if theres anything major wrong Roll on the pic whoring

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Old 10-10-09, 05:56 PM   #8
David

PS it's fully 180 kitted

PRAYYYYY for good weather for me tomorrow pwwwwweeeeeeeese
Old 10-10-09, 05:57 PM   #9
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
PS it's fully 180 kitted
Best of both worths pleasant on the eye and the wallet

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Old 10-10-09, 05:58 PM   #10
David

I was supprised how well it goes, it's got SDi Injectors & running 20PSI

It's got a private plate, which i'm selling already about to purchase my own

My wheels are similar to yours, their Wolfrace equivilent to what you have but in shadown crome