theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Galleries > Members Cars

Old 11-10-09, 10:34 AM   #21
David

David is on a distinguished road
already made some ebay purchases a replacement fog light (mines cracked) the leather steering wheel with the thumb grips (loads better already got one for the miss's) and a blank key.

I'm going to buy a second fob as well, whats the going rate of getting one of those programmed to ecu? gunna buy a good quality second hand one to replace the casing on mine too as mine's a little grubby.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-09, 10:44 AM   #22
will-w

will-w is on a distinguished road
I paid £25 for two delivered, but they have gone up in price recently

Make sure that you get the correct one (two button for hatch, 3 for saloon), and that it comes with the correct barcode otherwise it's useless!

I have a 3 button fob sitting at home you can have if you want to replace the housing, I don't have the barcode so it can't be programmed though!

Programming ranges from place to place, I paid £35 at EMS to have 2 done, but the rate is about that for 1 anywhere else!

Derv power baby!

will-w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-09, 02:24 PM   #23
KevG
2007 Focus ST2

KevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by will-w View Post
Make sure that you get the correct one (two button for hatch, 3 for saloon), and that it comes with the correct barcode otherwise it's useless!
It is a 3 button fob for both hatch and saloon.

Ebay listing

Ebay Listing 2

Last edited by KevG; 11-10-09 at 02:32 PM.
KevG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-09, 04:07 PM   #24
will-w

Really? I didn't think the Hatch had a remote boot pop?

Derv power baby!

Old 11-10-09, 04:37 PM   #25
David

yep hatch does have remote boot pop got the correct mhz fobs in my watch list and yes mine is a 3 button fob two button must be for F's ?
Old 11-10-09, 04:45 PM   #26
David

Old 11-10-09, 05:14 PM   #27
will-w

Looking good, personally am not a fan of the pillar pods but at least they're functional!

What is the other gauge for?

Derv power baby!

Old 11-10-09, 05:19 PM   #28
David

not a fan of pillar pods either, will be looking for alternate mounting points later, but it'll be fine for now. Top guage is boost, bottom is Oil Pressure

In the middle of the dash theirs that blank i may find some way of using that.

I am up to ideas on anyone with a MK2 for suitable OE look guage locations
Old 11-10-09, 05:56 PM   #29
will-w

I've got full dashboard software on my Windows Mobile, and have 'modified' a Nokia handsfree holder to hold my HTC Touch HD

Other people have installed the gauges in the middle air vents... If you use a smoked mirror gauge it looks quite cool and very OEM when off

Derv power baby!

Old 19-10-09, 08:11 PM   #30
David

Bought some new seats last week, Blue Monaco's picked up, cleaned and fitted them today (will take some pics later)

Also was soooo sick of the loud exhaust i bought an off the shelf CAT back! the nice thing is the previous owner had the stainless system built up to OE joins sooo only needed the backbox! Happy Days Sounds lush, lovely and quiet just the way i like it

I sourced some MG Mats from my local rover dealer (no postage, saved myself £25 as of course i got mugged into buying two sets one for mine and one for the miss's lol)

Thats most of my little niggles knocked off

Bought a blank key but it was the wrong type sending that back
Exhaust sorted
Handle i'm going to repair at the weekend
The intermediate rough running on tickover still puzzles me, i think it may be the MAF on it's way out. The aftermarket filter looks like it hasn't been cleaned and oiled in a while will try that. Failing that will whip off the EGR and clean that.
Boost i've turned down, but it's still going to 21-22 in 5th, so it might have been doing more before turning down seems to have stopped the oil around boost controller.
I need a new tyre as ones got about a 15" slash on the inside wall grr get my alloys refurbed (unless a set of 180's come up for around £200)

Next purchase will be two new LED interior bulbs in WHITE! god only knows what posses people to put blue ones in i mean really. On the LED note with the switch set to illuminate when door opens, with the door closed the LED emits a tiny amount of light, is that the migi's **** worth of power in the wires? I turn it to the off position not that the stupid blue light is much cop anyhow lol

Because i get paid every 4 weeks, in February I get paid twice with only one months bills so Donny Diesel will be getting a rather large order may even save a bit and buy all of the kit he does at once! absolutely marvelous! Off the shelf front mount, stainless turbo outlet, silicone as required, a quality oil catch tank (actually functions not just looks pretty) and the ported manifold and charge pipe. I think after all that and a reidy remap it'll be pulling like a freight train.

Other things i'll buy is the 180 front brakes (although i'm a little offput after the last time i went from 262 to 282 as i felt pedal went spongy.
Going to get my car booked in with a paintless dent remover to get her looking like brand new, then I think thats about it.