theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Galleries > Members Cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-12-14, 10:47 AM   #1
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
The New 180

So picked up the new 180 yesterday evening, was a bit too dark to give it a once over but everything seemed to be fine from what I could see and after talking to the seller for the last week or so everything seemed to be in order.

Anyway got it home so initial thoughts...

Paintwork is as expected and will get sorted, hence the reason we got the car, but someone has removed the Extreme spoiler and filled in the holes badly with filler then badly sprayed over the boot lid. (bad spraying we knew about, but bad filling we did not)

Clutch is abysmal so popped out this morning to have a look at it (in the pouring rain), no fluid in the reservoir... Also it turns out its not a Sheddist, but a Dark Ice kit, which has not been fitted correctly, so once it stops raining that's one of the first jobs!

Whilst looking at the Clutch hydraulics I noticed that the BMC is not fitted properly either, its just floating around which means that the journey down here (300 odd miles) was driven non filtered and who knows for how long the previous owner was driving without the BMC connected?!? So also got to fix that first!

Also noticed someone has "stolen" the antenna so no music on the way home either... so another antenna is required.

Not looked much further than that so far, but enough to be getting started with at least.

So it needs more work than the seller let on and certainly not as much money has gone into it as the seller has said. On the plus side, it does have four brand new tyres and very good condition alloys.

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote