theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 08-04-17, 11:17 PM   #31
MG ZS STE
Site Supporter

MG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really nice
Nice work.
Old 09-04-17, 08:39 PM   #32
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
I think these two bits should be together....

received_10155107928631763.jpg

Switched over with the green zs's gear leaver and steady bar (couldn't get roll pin out for the UJ so left that for now) and added the short shifter as well.

Then took the car out for a proper drive... wow its quick compaired to the old 180!

Tonight poly bushed the drop links and roll bar at the front, more poly bush to come but at the moment it needs to be good for POL

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-17, 03:45 PM   #33
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
The XPG 180 has been a bit neglected recently, after the crash (see other thread) then repairs then our Mazda dying and then getting the T16...

So I decided to start back up with it recently.

She has been drinking fuel more than I drink Coffee and on investigation the Power VIS was dead, so after a conversation with Byron Rowson on FaceBook I had a new vis motor arrive last week, fitted and the old one returned for Today. - Fantastic service and it turns out Byron is the man who helped Pete out with his VIS rebuilds when needed.

So now VIS is working (although car still feels slow compared to T16!) and the rear quarter has been primed ready for paint.

Now the dilemma. What colour? I have available to me every single paint in existence. AND we are also doing a new product called "Liquid Wrap" which is similar to Plasti-Dip but much much more professional and much better finish (also very good price compared to alternatives)...

Old 01-11-17, 10:31 PM   #34
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
I did wonder what you were doing with this one.

I'd go dark fantasy or orange grove if you wanted to stay MG Rover. If you don't I'd go for a baby blue - Ford have "Grabber Blue" and I think Renault did a clio sport in a similar shade. Add black wheels/accents and it'd be something very special.

Anything but yellow .....
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-18, 08:19 AM   #35
ZS
IT Administrator

Things have gone quiet on this front as well. So the trouble is that while stopped on country roads before christmas a Jaguar decided to hit us pretty much head on (he was going much to fast).

Not much damage and he refused to give details, I think there was another thread about it somewhere at the time.

Anyway with the front damaged, the rear damaged and the floor damaged. I took the decision to SORN the car and she now lives inside our booth, only started to let other cars in when they get sprayed.

Given that T16 also has issues, I have decided to retire the 180. At least for now.

I have got an MG6 as a daily runaround and told the GF that she can walk. Ok, I didn't really tell her she can walk....

My dilemma now is that I don't want the car to just rot away, but I also don't want to just part her out and get rid.

So for now, I am concentrating on T16 and once that is back running again I will come back and work out what to do with this 180 (coupe body shell transplant maybe?)

Old 29-04-18, 03:29 PM   #36
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Get rid. Sounds like it's been pretty smashed up. Reduce the number of issues you have and space being taken up.

Put the money towards your rebuild and paint for T16.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-18, 12:22 PM   #37
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
I think you need to be honest with the situation and whether the 180 is going to be fixed or if it really is just a case of wanting to hold onto it... a heart vs head decision.

My gut says that park it/strip it and get the T16 sorted, and look at picking up a 180 later if that's what you wish to have as well as or instead of the T16. It's not as if it is a perfect example which just needs a few minor bits, bent at both ends with a damaged floor is not an ideal position for it to be in really..
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-18, 08:13 PM   #38
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Try and not let sentiment get in the way. Sounds like it is bad and may well be a moneypit and still with that history of knocks regardless.