theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 12-09-15, 06:59 PM   #1
Bakermgzs

Bakermgzs is a jewel in the roughBakermgzs is a jewel in the roughBakermgzs is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs down Think it's time to say R.I.P zss

I think I've had enough I'm sick looking at my car in bits,bolts every were,missis always going on I spend more time with the car than her,not having just enough money to fix it run it,I chopped my finger off about year and half ago but was off work so long the car went down hill cosmetic mostly the bearings in the supercharger are drying up so needs to be sent off to be done I'm looking at couple thousand just get it looking puka again plus money fixing engine,I'm behind on bills just can't see way out but just giving up now,sticking with my 1.4 polo cheap fuel insurance tax parts hassle and I don't care about it,just so hard I love it so so much I have no interest other than me car I work so hard for it and am worried if I stop with my baby my work will fall. Sick filling so bloody depressed and not wanting to do anything
Bakermgzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-15, 07:14 PM   #2
Rockey5uk2001

Rockey5uk2001 has a spectacular aura aboutRockey5uk2001 has a spectacular aura about
That's why I've sold up my track brm
Rockey5uk2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-15, 07:32 PM   #3
BRMFUN

BRMFUN is on a distinguished road
It's a common problem... In my humble opinion do a bit at a time but keep the car on the road as much as possible! I have managed to repair 2 BRMs (one was shocking condition) and keep them both on the road! An MGBGT that needs some real TLC but it's still on the road and wow it's fun (re spray next year)! Press car BRM that I got road worthy and now do a bit here and there to get it back to its original condition but its still on the road! That's the key for me, if you can't drive it you don't enjoy it and cars are for driving!!
Don't give up, it's will be worth it!
MG ZTT 135
MGB GT 1973 original automatic

Last edited by BRMFUN; 13-09-15 at 06:35 AM.
BRMFUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-15, 08:00 PM   #4
grimmy
its ginger its phenomenal

grimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud of
Keep the faith brother.you will regret getting rid .I bought another 180 so I could put my original one in the garage and overwinter it.I now spend more time on the second one lol.they just don't allow you to let go.
Old 12-09-15, 09:00 PM   #5
mrmick

mrmick is on a distinguished road
Lock it away for a few months chill out take ya mind off it as winter is coming and then have a fresh head in spring next year and then set to it again. feel for ya buddy
WARWICKSHIRE & NORTHANTS RAPID RESPONSE VEHICLE.
winner of best zs saloon zs monogram and modded zs also 2nd best car of show at first Mgww meet
Winner best zs saloon at MG saloon day burghley house 19th july 2015
mrmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-15, 09:12 PM   #6
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Get rid. A car's a car - that's all. If it's affecting your quality of life - prioritise what means the most to you and stick to it. Look at the positives in what you have - there is one other known supercharged ZS running. No other superchargers on the market as far as we know.

There is value in what you have whether that is keeping it in the shed until funds allow and taking your time in the project, or selling up to clear debts or pay bills.

Depression is a terrible thing - not just for you - but also for those who love you and see you suffer. It's not a phrase or condition to be treated lightly. If it's serious get some help.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-15, 09:25 PM   #7
Bakermgzs

Bakermgzs is a jewel in the roughBakermgzs is a jewel in the roughBakermgzs is a jewel in the rough
Thing is I live in flats can't get garage and the engine all exposed everything will rot defo over winter while it sits there for some reason it will rot more when not in use,I was just thinking of takeing everything I can off body kit supercharger alloys tinted windows ect store them up in flat sure missis will love that see what happen in fuw years I just don't flipping know but you guys are right I don't want do anything I'll regret in couple weeks
Bakermgzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-15, 10:11 AM   #8
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
If you've not got a garage, then id get a soft cloth cover, and then a waterproof one, and wrap the lot up, it will stop the elements getting at it while it is outside...

If you have to sell to clear your debts then, that sucks, but life at times does need to get prioritised.

As said though by others, go see your GP if you find everything in general is getting on top of you, talking it out with some-one can sometimes be the thing you need to stop it all seeing like a disaster... depression is a ******, I suffer from it periodically, and the down turns really can kick my ass!
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-15, 11:03 PM   #9
mattyprice4004

mattyprice4004 has a spectacular aura aboutmattyprice4004 has a spectacular aura about
I'd agree with storing it, and coming back to it later - I've sold several of my cars, and regretted it later on.
If you can, of course...
mattyprice4004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-16, 07:31 PM   #10
SimonMGZS

SimonMGZS is on a distinguished road
have you still got it
2005 mg zs180 2.5ltr v6

janspeed full stainless steel sports exhaust
itg maxogen induction kit
19" rss alloy wheels
SimonMGZS is offline   Reply With Quote