theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 24-07-13, 09:19 PM   #101
Skillen

Skillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by redzed View Post
Looks good, you got to trim much off the inner arch? Rubbing issues? Get some more pics!
I've only had one rubbing issue on the OSR and that was coming to the bottom of a hill and accellerating away so not needed to trim anything yet.
In all honesty it's making me want more width on my tyres now too!

More pics will come I promise it's crying out for a good polish up and clay bar first though!

I tried a couple pics tonight but my phone is terrible at the light so you can't see the wheels properly underneath the car!
Skillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-13, 09:42 PM   #102
Skillen

Skillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the rough

Any good for ya Red?
Old 25-07-13, 06:39 AM   #103
B8sy

B8sy is on a distinguished road
Looks stunning skillen, only wish I had the knowledge to do things like this myself. Great job!

Car 1 - 2003 MG ZS 2.5 180, Pro Speed Induction, Pro Speed Exhaust, 194 BHP.
Car 2 - 2007 Ford Fiesta St 2.0ltr, scorpion exhaust, 150 BHP.
B8sy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-13, 06:58 AM   #104
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by B8sy View Post
Looks stunning skillen, only wish I had the knowledge to do things like this myself. Great job!
Most jobs like this aren't that difficult with a bit of knowledge and that is what we are here for.
Old 25-07-13, 07:26 AM   #105
Skillen

Nope, not that much mechanical knowledge before taking on this stuff, just a good read up and a question here and there and then the realisation that you didn't need to ask the question because its obvious haha!
I'm just building up my knowledge and can sometimes offer advice now I've done stuff!
Just give it a go.
Old 25-07-13, 07:45 AM   #106
Enright

Enright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the rough
That looks great - I'm particularly interested in the headlamp washer system.
The washer bottle, plumbing and jets look pretty straightforward, but what did you have to do to wire it up? Was a special loom required, or is there somewhere that it simply plugs in?

Mk2 MG ZS TD 115 with full 180 kit (and 2x Lotus Elan SE Turbos)
Enright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-13, 08:05 AM   #107
Skillen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enright View Post
That looks great - I'm particularly interested in the headlamp washer system.
The washer bottle, plumbing and jets look pretty straightforward, but what did you have to do to wire it up? Was a special loom required, or is there somewhere that it simply plugs in?
I haven't wired it up yet but when I got the bottle and pumps I chopped off about 1m of wiring from the headlamp pump and ill get my brother and his electrical engineer-iness to help wire it up.
Some cars might have the wiring and the terminal for the relay.
Mine doesn't but doesn't matter to me as I'm running mine off a combined washer jet/dashlight dimmer switch.

Old 25-07-13, 08:51 AM   #108
Enright

Enright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the rough
Ah yes - I've got one of those dashlight dimmers from a Civic/Accord (can't remember which), but at the moment all it does is fills the RHS blanking plate! Looks OEM though.
I'm astonished at the number of wires coming out of the back of the thing, and if there is an option with the headlight wash too - as per your pic, then that will have even more!
I really enjoy adding these options (for peanuts) out of scrapyards. the ultimate one for me to do would be an electric tilt/slide sunroof. On a hatch it wouldn't be too difficult - especially as I need a new windscreen anyway. But enough of my thread hijacking. Thanks for the response, and as I say - looking good.

Mk2 MG ZS TD 115 with full 180 kit (and 2x Lotus Elan SE Turbos)
Enright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-13, 09:05 AM   #109
Skillen

It's fine haha don't worry it's all discussion!

I had a dash dimmer only switch. And that had only 3 wires from the back making a dim function easy to wire.
When I picked up the washer button it had all these:

Shouldn't be too bad with a wiring diagram and some patience!

I'd like a sunroof for completeness. And the fact my light has one blank in it still and I have the button for it spare.
But they fail a lot on the ZR's so don't think it would be wort risking.
Probably need a full roof panel.

Last edited by Skillen; 25-07-13 at 09:07 AM.
Old 25-07-13, 09:33 AM   #110
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
The roof panel is a different pressing for sunroof cars, there was/is a guy selling a brand new oe sunroof assembly for reasonable money on ebay, the problem is modifying or replacing the existing roof panel.

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote